Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
As to that counting him above commander level, honestly that depends on how the various yonko commanders stack up on the power scale. Im assuming katakuri is overall one of the strongest amongst all the various yonko commanders, but I could be wrong. If kaidos top guys are stronger than katakuri then I would place luffy firmly commander level. If he beat the number 1 commander amongst the yonko, (And imo could do it again, somewhat easier next time) then I think he deserves to be put somewhere between commander and yonko. He is very much so NOT a yonko level fighter yet. Thats a pretty freaking big gap in power after all. But if he is stronger than the best commander, then he cant really be considered that level either.
Even with the lowest bounty shown amongs yonkou commanders, Cracker still managed to put up a difficult fight against Luffy. Luffy arguably would have even lost if it weren't for Nami helping him. While keeping in mind that bounty alone isn't a measure of strength, it's still important to note that nobody in the Big Mom Pirates except Katakuri had crossed the billion berry mark while even Kaido's 3rd commander did. Shank's crew managed to stop Kaido from going to Marineford and on the possibility that it's through combat, it might reflect how his commanders stack up against Kaido's. Then we have Whitebeard's commanders Marco, Jozu, and Vista, who were powerful enough to actually square up against admirals and/or Mihawk, but not powerful enough to secure the win. Taking those into account, I'd place Luffy at commander level, but somewhere within the bottom half of the list at best.