Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
Romantic Lake Boating

"You're right, they would know by now. But you did, and they don't. I still don't want to advertise it, just to make up for that. We've not known each other that long, yet. For all we know, if you'd stayed we'd have broken up six months ago after a raging fight. Then advertising our relationship would look pretty stupid, wouldn't it?" Not counting the year Karasu was gone for, they've been dating, what? Two months, if that?
Romantic Lake Boating

Karasu chuckles for a while, possibly annoying Natalie, at least until she explains. "Sorry, Talie. It's just that... two months! It's felt more like two years. You know how the Nexus can be, a day passes, but looking back it felt like 3 months. I'm sensitive to these things." She shrugs. All she knows is that her perception of time is affected quite a bit in the Nexus. "And in that time, I think we've known whether or not we fit. An unlikely pair, a scholarly conjurer and a teenage spy, you with your nurturing and laid-back albeit quite oblivious self, and me with my cool, reserved but rather needy self. I'm uncharacteristically optimistic about our relationship, TaTa. You know, asides my brother, you're one of the few people that can tease me in just the right way without souring a conversation?" She discovers she's rambled on a bit, and stops herself.

She turns from the sky and to Natalie, amber eyes glinting in the sun. "Let's make a promise, yeah luv? Whatever happens, rain or shine, we'll sit down and talk about it, keep that communication line open. Yeah?"