Quote Originally Posted by Randuir View Post
Yeah, I tend to have my Johnsons be mostly on the up-and-up as well. If you can't trust them at least 90% of the time, there's no reason to deal with them at all, and it makes the betrayals that do happen hit harder, rather than just being another 'sudden yet inevitable betrayal'.
It's actually rather obviously how they're supposed to be run (at least in 3e, I dropped 5e after noticing the game had shifted more towards promoting Pink Mohawk). I mean, in a one shot the betrayal is expected, it's much more shocking to me there if the Johnson is completely honest and keeps their end of the bargain, but in an ongoing campaign you actually need the ability to trust your Johnsons. Especially as I like to buy a few contacts, and will usually have somebody marked as a regular Johnson. Deckmeister or Mechanic, Fixer, Friend on the Force, Johnson, Friend in a Mega, others, that's my normal priority in contacts.

Honestly got an itch to try out vehicle riggers next time I play Shadowrun, my feckers normally have a modded car or bike but having a host of souped up vehicles and a control rig sounds like fun