Quote Originally Posted by Zarthrax View Post
@Mornings-

Just out of curiosity, for possible future characters for this setting, what is the status of Thassilon's part of history? Completely erased, Golarion standard, or something in between? (This includes the status of New Thassilon, which is detailed at the end of Return of the Runelords.)

Also, one more question. Childe of Blood's Path sets my Con to 4 higher when calculating kineticist DC's. Dark Elementalist sets my Intelligence as the appropriate ability score for that, and Elemental Ascetic sets it to Wisdom. While Eater of Souls Style specifies that I can use either of the latter, as I wish, to do so, would I treat the appropriate ability score as 4 higher, or is that only if I don't use either archetype?
Keeper of the Obsidian Smile - Approved.

The setting as the characters understand it remains as cannon Golarion, circa AR 4707. The changes which you encounter, if any are noticed or pertinent to you, are actual differences noticed in-character, rather than alterations to the established world as it is understood by the people who dwell there. However, don't assume the events of every AP and module have occurred at their appropriate times - after all, you remained uninvolved in any recent events even if they had happened due to your imprisonment.

Childe of Blood's Path remains keyed specifically to Con, imparting no change if you choose to use a different ability for calculating your kineticist DCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromascope3D View Post
I actually found these Healer's Gloves that also provide a +5 bonus to Heal checks for the same price. Would they also cost 3x their listed price, given that they're magical, or stay the same price since they only provide a skill bonus?

Edit: Same question for Vest of Surgery?
Magical equipment which effects heal will incur the cost multiplier, but mundane tools will not.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevesciguy View Post
I have a sort-of-backstory! It's told in first person. When Erik refers to "the Dream" he's referring to the time he spent cursed in the sanitarium. Don't have a particular reason why, it just felt appropriate.

Spoiler: Monologue
Show
When the Auspex came, she gave me an offer, not a choice.

Yes, I could have said no - but none of us sane enough to understand her would have. In exchange for freedom, I would be shackled with a new purpose, what she called an 'Undertaking.' I would be freed from one cell so that I may enter another.

But it's better than the alternative.

Before the Dream, I was a soldier. I fought against the chaos that threatened the world. The dark beasts in the twisted corners of the world were my prey, and I their eager hunter.

To my surprise, they were not the true danger.

In the time after the Long Night, I watched good men and women throw themselves wildly into the darkness, in a vain attempt to slay the whispered Veilwitches. With no organization, no leader, they died by the hundreds, thousands. The worst was yet to come.

Taint, spread by the injured survivors, threw the world into an even more fearful chaos. The Purifiers rose, burning the world with their "cleansing" flame. Friends, families, turned on each for fear of retribution. Fear was no longer an emotion; it was a state of being, that the weak rulers used as a tool.

As the Purifiers were forced from power, I had my epiphany. The people at large were good, but weak and fearful. A new ruler was needed, who reigned with strength and confidence, rather than the weak and conniving monarchs already in place.

I have no strong memories of the transgression that put me in the Dream. An insult. A flash of steel. A spurt of blood.

Four years, I'm told, is how long the Dream lasted. It felt longer. When the mass of burning pain that was my body no longer responded, I was left alone with my thoughts. My only shield against the insanity that so many were consumed by was my conviction, that I might unify the fractured world. Patience is strength, and so I waited, in that grey area between life and death.

That grey area that had become my home was a subject of much thought, while I was in the Dream. A place where life and death became almost interchangable, where they could build upon another.

I had seen undeath before. Always an abomination to be struck down without thought. But in my contemplation, I saw such creatures in a new light. Abominations, yes, but perhaps they had a use. Fearless, tireless, they could make perfect soldiers. A tool, with which I might reforge a shattered world.

When I awoke from the Dream, I was changed. Years of thought had rewarded me with an understanding, with which I could manipulate that grey area I had lived in for so long.

Once this 'Undertaking' is complete, I will begin my quest in earnest. With these new dark powers, I will rebuild this world under my banner. There will be anger. There will be resistance.

There will be death.

But it's better than the alternative.

Feedback is appreciated let me know what you guys think/if I should change anything. I feel like I could've had better transitions, but I wasn't sure how to go about it :/
I like it, it establishes a fair baseline for the character and their rational. The theme i'm walking away with is a man who watches the fires spread by those caught in frenzy or panic, and having finally had enough, he's steeled himself to rein in these children playing at 'leader'. He's mentally set himself to the task of governing and creating a new world order all his own, to be ruled under his firm bloody grasp.

Erik strikes me as a hard man. By his thought process, maybe he didn't aspire to lead in the past; not until he saw them burning the villages, perhaps. But he should carry a great deal of experience under his belt to even muster forth the proposition to himself. The bad times, the dirty work, but also the political seasoning of a man who's developed the competency to step into the ring with the 'movers-and-shakers' of the world. From where he stands, in his cage, he's acutely aware he's no 'one-man army' - and even if he were, if he can be smitten by some rogue mercenary band's curse, how in the hells does he expect to contest entire nations. The wit, guile and cunning he will need to posture and place himself within a position of power and influence will take more than a strong swordarm. He'll need to inspire, he'll need to lead men. Where does his confidence stem from that he is even remotely capable of such a feat? Where is his depth of experience that could even substantiate his logic drawn from? Is he simply delusional? A mad-man driven to the brink from his rotting addled mind? Or does he actually have a fair shake at it? Does he truly have the mettle, and potential within himself to rise above others and draw the talent, resources and skills of men under his leadership; to make his vision reality. These are the kinds of things you'll probably want to look at to further develop your concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadguy View Post
Added a small vignette for Regina's background. Hopefully her thoughts and reactions give some life to her motivations.

Feedback is always appreciated.
Hm. It's good... but I also sat thinking for 15 minutes wondering what was so evidently missing. Because there is something missing.

Then it hit me.

The 'why'. Why does Regina care about researching... whatever abstract thing she's actually researching. Why is she so obsessed with it, sure her personality is pretty unique and caters towards her obsessions, but she could just as well have been obsessed with music, or... cleanliness. There's so many unanswered questions; from what she's actually trying to research, what she's trying to accomplish by it, why she even cares about it, what pushed her to experiment on others and herself, and why do we actually care ourselves? There's probably an entire back-story in itself explaining just that, but as it stands her entire rational not only feels alien and like we've completely missed something, which might be the intent to establish a certain tone to her character, but it comes out with a delivery that feels rather obtuse and lacking.

The reason for this, is that her entire frame of mind has evidently reached the point where it is over the course of whatever experiences she's had, but we have no idea what experiences those are. Instead, what we're provided is a small snapshot without context, and it detracts from the whole of her concept as we cannot grasp the factors of what she defines as reason. Without the 'why', there is nothing to root her actions and thoughts, and nothing to invest us in her or her pursuits. There can be no meaningful development because there is no journey, no advancement, no growth with which we can grasp some measure of recognition or understanding. All we have is the perpetual stasis of the 'snapshot', a sempiternal cycle that might have had a beginning but has no end while we are left absent of the 'why'.

We need, at a minimum, to at least understand the origins of what set her into motion and what she hopes to achieve. We need the context before her pursuits can be previewed as motivation. Without that, we're left with only various degrees of confusion in trying to rationalize her and establish some grounds of her logic and purpose for ourselves. An effort which is difficult with that's been provided, as no clear objective is forthcoming, painting her actions more as some manner of compulsion or psychosis, that diminishes her substance and dismisses the weight of her choices/motivations as nothing more than the whims of some mad-hat scientist. A gross misinterpretation to be sure.

Try to detail some of those things I've addressed above so that we can receive that context; those experiences, objectives and desires she tirelessly works to achieve shouldn't be lost because we don't understand the 'why'. Once we have that, I feel you'll have an extremely well developed character.

Also remember that your Scorned Abilities were received after you were Cursed toward the later period of your imprisonment. These abilities do not represent something you could already do or achieve prior to you being Scorned and thrown in a cell.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevesciguy View Post
Fantastic, thank you very much

@Mornings: if I purchase the armor training class feature, will Sash of the War Champion improve it for me, or no, because I'm not a fighter? Also, would I be able to replace the benefit improvements I'd normally get for being "7th Level" with an advanced armor training?

How do oracle revelations work with freelancer? Do I need to purchase the mystery the revelation is a part of in addition to the revelation I want, or can I just purchase the revelation by itself?

Edit: another question: I know that this is far from a combat oriented game, but for the characters that are more martial focused(such as my own), can we have an idea of where a decent to-hit or AC is?

Apologies for all the questions. It's a habit of mine
You cannot use Scorned Slots to purchase passive abilities such as Armor Training. If you gain Armor Training via another class, such as Freelancer, the effects of Sash of the War Champion will apply.

If you are taking the Revelation class ability from the Oracle base class then you must possess the Mystery class feature to use it. Revelation class features which allow you to take a Revelation without/or not from a Mystery, do not require the Mystery class feature. I'll leave some examples below:

Revelations
All cyclopean seers have access to the following revelations, regardless of their chosen mysteries.

Doomsaying (Su): As a standard action, you can pronounce doom on a creature within 30 feet. The target takes a penalty equal to your oracle level on either all skill checks, all savings throws, or all attack rolls (your choice) for 1 minute or until he fails one such roll. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to your Charisma bonus. This is a curse effect.

Flash of Insight (Su): You gain the cyclops racial ability of the same name. If you already possess this ability, you gain an additional daily use.

Prescience (Ex): You gain a +2 bonus to your Armor Class against attacks of opportunity and a +2 bonus on concentration checks. At 5th level and every 5 levels thereafter, these bonuses increase by 1.

This ability alters the revelation class feature.

Revelations
A dual-cursed oracle gains a new revelation at 5th level and 13th level. These are in addition to the normal revelations she receives at 3rd level, 7th level, and so on. In addition, the cursed oracle may select the following revelations in place of a mystery revelation.

Misfortune (Ex): At 1st level, as an immediate action, you can force a creature within 30 feet to reroll any one d20 roll that it has just made before the results of the roll are revealed. The creature must take the result of the reroll, even if itís worse than the original roll. Once a creature has suffered from your misfortune, it cannot be the target of this revelation again for 1 day.

Fortune (Ex): At 5th level, as an immediate action, you can reroll any one d20 roll that you have just made before the results of the roll are revealed. You must take the result of the reroll, even if itís worse than the original roll. You can use this ability once per day at 5th level, and one additional time per day for every six oracle levels beyond 5th.

In regard to your question regarding attack bonuses and AC; there is no meaningful answer to that. Neither feature are necessarily core or dependable modes of attacking or defending outside of rudimentary mundane opponents. You could calculate your regular attack/ac values by CR for those cases. This game runs at APL+3, and PCs are considered CR5 as roughly every 4-5 additional feats are counted as CR+1 - though with the allowed material, that's just a general rule-of-thumb due to the nature and strength of feats provided via other publishers. The effort spent calculating that out though would be largely wasted, as Potentials don't count towards increasing or decreasing CR. If I told you 'go for 30 AC', you'd likely run into combat and get hit by some freakish mutant creature that has an attack bonus higher than its respective CR, due to a Potential or similar ability. If I told you 'you'll be safe with 50 AC', you're going to end up running at freakish mutant #2 and end up getting nailed by something that doesn't hit vs AC. Once you have some similar abilities yourself, or the corresponding defenses, then it effectively balances itself out, as it primarily keys to your ability scores. So I suppose the best avenue to go would be increasing those.

People avoid fighting for a reason, the descriptions for that are not flavor text, it's how you've managed to stay alive. Being struck once for 2 damage, might not kill you, you might even win that fight. But the wound you took might cause you to die later. Once you've developed enough Potentials you'll start to move further away from the whole, 'perpetual fear of death'-bit - though venturing into other parts of the multiverse is a whole new can of worms that will reinstate that fear. The golden rule of starting the game is 'live cautiously. Avoid uncertain encounters'. Usually there are a handful of 'red flags' when something is out of the norm, which is what you typically want to avoid early on. However, I fully expect this will likely be ignored and someones going to get murdered despite my repeated reminders, warnings, IC links and disclosures in the recruitment details. While it's not exactly a hard-rail, I'm hoping the 'guided' opening will help indoctrinate new players, to some extent, and give them a general feel for how they've survived as long as they have; and how they can continue doing so moving forward. As long as you survive, you'll eventually win in the end; but initially, you should be able to appreciate the gravity of your circumstances and the very real threats you face.