Quote Originally Posted by Toptomcat View Post
Here you go. The background plays with your lore in ways that you may or may not find kosher: let me know if it works for you.
Quote Originally Posted by Toptomcat View Post
MW sheet edited in.
Nice. I like the backstory, it's fairly clean and simple, but his logic and motivations are still made evident throughout the course of it. As a man tied to the land, he's likely noticed the changes that have occurred more acutely than most. It makes sense that he'd get swept up in the chaos changing the world. Having an unfortunate mix-up with the codices is an oddly appropriate way to get dragged down into his current affair.

The only thing I would look at visiting further in his backstory is the origins of his wild lifestyle and how he's trained his skills. Perhaps looking at his family and past footsteps up to having reached the point of self-sufficiency he has achieved. This will paint a more developed perspective of who he is, because we'll know how he got there, and give a certain degree of life to his character that is currently evident, but not understood. We need to look deeper at the men and mentors which have instilled upon him the facets and lessons that has made him into the man he has become. With that I feel you'll have a solid character.