Quote Originally Posted by MoleMage View Post
Feedback on the new subclasses:

• Giant Owl means flight at level 1. Not the worst possible thing (Aarakocra and variant Tiefling can have this as a racial), but still messes with the expectations of a level 1 character.

True. It costs resources, at least, while those two don't.

• You have at least one case where you left a "rat" in the giant owl transformation feature.

Fixed, thank you.

• Charging Slash requires that you move 20 feet before making the attack. Is that per attack (when I get extra attack, do I have to move 20 feet, then attack, then another 20 feet, then attack if I want to use Charging Slash twice?), or just any time before (20 feet, I can use Charging Slash on any/all attacks this round)?

Wording clarified. You're supposed to need to move at least 20 feet and then be able to use it once.

• Rest of owl eagle looks fine, though you should clarify that Flight's move speed increase is on top of Aerodynamic's.

Fixed, thank you.

• Tiger is tricky to gauge. The issue for me is that you already have your Moon Dice used in so many features. You have hybrid form, full transformation, three fueled by moonlight options, Lunar Resilience, and Pack Leader. With spells added on top of that, Tiger is going to feel very resource starved.

That's true, although I'm not sure how to fix it. Giving the tiger full 1/2 or 1/3 casting is probably too much resource management for one class (dice AND spell slots), but giving them extra dice is probably not good either.

Maybe instead of Mystical Power, they can get an option to recover dice when they use them to cast? Maybe something like "Once per turn after spending one or more Moon Dice to cast a spell, roll 1d6. If your result is greater the spell level of the spell cast, recover one expending Moon Die." ... actually, that would give you almost unlimited 1st level spells, and Friend of the Moon will combo with it to be WAY too good. Giving you a Moon Die back when you kill someone while concentrating on a spell, maybe? I'll think about this.

• Mystical Power is too expensive for its benefit, except when it's too powerful to allow (imagine applying it to the number of targets allowed by bane or the amount of temporary hit points granted by heroism, and that's just first level options without considering Magic Initiate or multiclassing to pick spells outside of the class. Bless/Bane normally allows 3 targets+1 per upcast. Now instead of upcasting to 3rd level, I can cast it on 3+2d6 targets for the same cost. Or in Bestow Curse's description (first option) it says "Choose one ability score." (emphasis mine). Admittedly, dropping 5 dice on Bestow Curse is pricey, but now I can force a creature that fails its save to suffer disadvantage on half of all saves minimum).
I will point out that Mystical Power only works on spells you cast with Lunar Mysticism, and that only lets you cast spells that you learn from this class, so multiclassing and Magic Initiative don't actually expand your list for this. But I take your meaning, and you're not wrong that it's potentially really powerful (which is part of why there are so few damaging spells on the spell list). I was trying to think of interesting ways to power up spells that wouldn't step on the toes of a sorcerer's metamagic, and this is what I came up with - perhaps it should be something else instead, although I'm unsure what. Ideally it's something that can be impactful with only one or two dice, and which Friends of the Moon can boost without breaking.