1. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: An Eclectic Collection of Fun and Effective Builds

Quote Originally Posted by Maan View Post
    Whoopsie, forgot to mention: we'll be starting with level 5 characters, at least; maybe 6 or 7.
    So I would need something viable from that level onward.
    The Eldritch Knight build is viable from 1-20.

Basically Fighters have a swell time from 1-12. It jumps off into Wizard at 12 because at that point the Fighter progression slows down a bit; you'd have to wait all the way to level 20 to get another extra attack and that XGtE War Magic school has a lot to offer both in the short and long run.

There is one common mistake I see with EK that gives some people a negative experience with them: They somehow get it into their head that they should be using spells like "Scorching Ray" that rely on their second-rate Intelligence scores. Don't do this! Look for spells that don't rely on your Intelligence score, and ones that augment your martial abilities rather than replacing them.
    Last edited by LudicSavant; 2019-03-31 at 01:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxWilson
    I've realized recently that when I see a thread where LudicSavant was the last poster, I look forward to reading it.
    Some of my Stuff:
    Frequency of Resistances in MM, Volo's, MToF | Comprehensive DPR Calculator | An Eclectic Collection of Fun and Effective Builds | Unusual Life Cleric Character Concepts

A Reinvented Pantheon (Made for 3.5, but adaptable):
    Nerull | Wee Jas | Olidammara | Erythnul | Hextor | Corellon Larethian | Lolth | The Deep Ones