Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
Yes, if the power he discovered inside himself is the Alter Shape ability - i.e. the ability to control what he morphs into, rather than it being completely random. It also explains why later he can't teleport the goblin: he might be morphing into a creature on purpose, he just doesn't know which creature can teleport.
Quote Originally Posted by Darth Paul View Post
I think the "discovery of his powers" would be that he can choose a specific creature, not just freeze himself into a shape which doesn't represent any specific creature at all.
I suppose this suffices as a technical explanation, but I don't know. Wouldn't he still need to know the creature he's transforming into for the Protean's Alter Shape to satisfy the Escape? I don't know if that is knowledge MitD possesses, since he doesn't seem to know what he is himself, though I guess that's too subjective to judge either way.

I don't have opinions on the Protean either way, though I'd be surprised if MitD revealed himself to be the shifting mass of flesh that is the Hagunemnon, since I've been reading the descriptions of his capabilities (i.e. the stomp, swallowing Redcloak whole) as suggestive of appendages that aren't constantly changing. That's my personal read, though, and I admit it would be kind of amusing for RC to betray Xykon, and MitD having an, "ugh, hold on, one second," moment as he morphs back into having a mouth to satisfy Xykon's command for him.

Unrelated: I looked back at the SRD page for the Hagunemnon and noticed it has "immunities," though the page doesn't articulate what they're actually immune to. Does anyone know what it's immunities actually are? I'm curious!

Quote Originally Posted by thelivingmonkey View Post
There is such a small chance that a vote for ANY change will pass right now.
It's also not great to have voting periods follow one another so closely, especially when the last one was against making any changes. I think it'd be better to wait, especially since the last one was so contentious.