Quote Originally Posted by Citadel97501 View Post
I was wondering if anyone has an effective ranged flying character that comes online by level 10? Mounted or self flying is fine by me, I am kind of interested in something like that as I haven't had an opportunity to try out an aerial battle yet. I was thinking Sword Bard would be easiest due to Find Greater Steed, and Mobile Flourish would let you slaughter enemy mounted flyers, while you might want to use some method of restraining to make a natural flyer fall.

Bard is not required, as I am willing to try most things. I know the Warlock was suggested as an option, in an old guide but I am not sure of a reliable method to let them fly.

Notes: 3 rare magic items at most, any printed options are OK, the game is set in Ravnica if that helps.
Lots of options here.

One way to get flight is the racial route. Be a Winged Tiefling or an Aarakocra and come online at level 1. If permanent flight isn't allowed (entirely reasonable choice for a DM) then Protector Aasimar Warlocks work too for coming online at level 1, and have proper stats for a Warlock. There are also magic items that will grant you consistent flight, since you mentioned those. And in Ravnica, the Simic Hybrid has some crazy movement tricks with Manta Glide (since falling doesn't consume your move speed, and it converts falling distance into vertical distance)

You ideally want some form of flight where you aren't concentrating on yourself, OR a really good Concentration and some sort of contingency plan for if you fall (taking falling damage + landing prone so enemies follow up with Advantage is usually bad news for you if you if you're playing at a challenging table).