2019-04-19, 12:36 PM (ISO 8601)
Re: Doing some 5e homebrewing, looking to poach from 4e
Went through ranger powers and features to about level 13. Poach list:
Prime Shot: position based bonuses to attacks.
ERanger: bonus attack when you hit (sort of built in to 5e DW)
Beast Mastery: Other than companion, not sure what to poach.
The "Familiar" might lock the Ranger into having a pet. Maybe I need to make Familiar less specific to having a pet? Would also spread Wizard design around.
Attacks: More taps is common.
Support for (a) two light weapons, (b) two heavier weapons, (c) a projectile weapon, (d) a melee and thrown weapon, (e) throwing weapons.
Sure Shot: Super accurate attacks with a bow.
Skirmishing Stance: Benefits for moving around.
Beast powers: Talents that grant your companion advantages.
Invigorating Stride: Burn HD to self heal in combat?
Stalker's Mist: Mist that blocks enemy vision
Yield Ground: Get hit, retreat.
Disruptive Strike: Ally gets hit, get an attack with a chance to force a miss.
Avenging Charge: Higher damage version of Disruptive Strike, doesn't disrupt.
Snarling Wolf Stance: When hit or missed, you can make a counter attack and shift away.
Spitting Cobra Stance: Fire a bow shot as a reaction at foes who move closer.
Leaf Wall: Ally-friendly concealment, combat advantage granting
Arrow of the Savior: Make a falling target not fall (convert to climbing or to ledge)
Healing Herbs (heal and provide poison saving throw)
Stealthy Escape (reroll a failed stealth check with a bonus)
Weave through the Fray (reaction to an enemy moving nearby -- move away)
Spray of Arrows (clost blast of arrow attacks)
Thousand Arrow Awareness ("overwatch" arrow attacks with reactions)
Root Gate (use roots to create a short-range two-location teleportation conduit)
off-hand diversion (boosted bonus action off-hand attacks, this one makes the foe grant CA)
Poaching from Rogue:
Piercing Strike - attack becomes a dex save.
Riposte Strike - get reaction attack if attacked back
Acrobatic Strike - move+attack
Gloaming Cut - attack and move and stealth
King's castle - attack and swap places with an ally
Duelist's Prowess - stance, riposte when attacked
Press the advantage - free attack when an enemy is bloodied
Spinning blade leap - move without OAs before, attack, move without OAs after
Twilight Menace - make someone unable to see you (until they save)
Blinding Barrage - close blast attack that makes people blind for a turn
Confounding Attack - attack someone. They attack an ally next to them accidentally.
Fleeting ghost - move while hidden at full speed without penalty
Great Leap - jump extra distance, even longer than your speed, at-will
Master of Deceit - reroll bluff check
Tumble - move without provoking OAs
Blade Vault - jump and stab
Low Slash - bonus action attack with repositioning, slowing, etc
Compel the craven - cause fear with an attack
Hobble - knock prone, cannot stand up until makes a save
Slippery Mind - triggered will save bonus based on bluff
Chameleon - keep stealth off your turn even if they have a clear line of sight
Hidden Blade - hide your off-hand blade, get CA with it.
Perfect Feint - gain CA against all nearby foes
Sand in the eyes - blind a foe for a turn
From the Shadows - shift, attack, shift, stealth; gain CA if you where hidden befor the shift.
Shadow Boxer - use a foe as cover, and hide behind them.
Combat Tumblset - tumble through foes
Close quarters - lock onto bigger foe, follow it automatically, penalize their attacks until they throw you off.
Shadow stride - remain hidden while moving so long as you end and start hidden
Clever move - react to move out of an AOE and hide
Hide in plain sight - turn hidden into invisible until you move
Shadow master - hide with less concealment
Clinging Shadows - keep concealment
Cloud Jump - jump twice without landing, with bonus, extra range
Dazzling Acrobatics - move, ignoring OAs, climb full speed, etc
Indomitable Agility - shed status conditions, shift, free.
Invisible Stalker - you are invisible while moving, so long as you don't end adjacent to an enemy, at-will
Montebank's Flight - follow a teleport
Scoundrel's epiphany - auto 25 roll on some skills
Seize the moment - daily +20 initiative and first-turn bonuses
Somersault dodge - at-will reaction shift whenever missed
Thief of fortune - reroll a failure, impose penalty on a creature you can see for a turn
Uncanny aim - massively increase range of a ranged attacks
Wall crawl - at-will climb speed
Deathweaving stike - forced movement, grant attacks to allies along movement
Kiss of death - stance; pick a foe. Whenever it takes damage, you get a free attack.
Moving target - redirect an attack on you to a nearby creature of your choice
Dance of death - attack adjacent foes. If they attack you before EONT, you choose an alternative target, including themselves.
Deflected strike - redirect a missed attack to an enemy adjacent to you. Deal sneak attack damage on it.
* Grant temporary HP to adjacent ally on attack
* Grant temporary HP to self
* Deal lightning damage. Nearby foe takes minor thunder damage.
* Extra reach, and attack pulls (thorn whip)
* Create spike zone near foe that attacks enemies for minor damage
* Vortex of air that pulls foes towards you
* Attack all adjacent, and make ground grab and and hinder enemies (difficult)
* Grant temporary HP to allies when you are hit by an enemy for a round
* Form of Ram. Move faster, deal charge damage, push on attacks.
* Form of Panther. Dex saves, attack bonus, mobility without OAs.
* Form of Fire. Resist fire damage. Inflict fire vuln.
* Form of Willow. Con/Str save bonus for you and allies. Cannot be pushed/pulled etc. Reaction protection attack.
* Form of Winter. Resist cold. AC bonus. Create difficult terrain for foes. Immobalize CB attack.
* Eyes of Hawk. Perception bonus per encounter.
* Guardian Thorns. Marked foes take damage when they attack a chosen ally.
* Mountain Lion Step. Ignore difficult terrain for a turn per encounter.
* Nature's Abundance. Create friendly cover of plants near you 1/day
* Warding Touch. Sacrifice AC to boost ally's AC per encounter.
* Form of Earth. Regeneration. Reduce push/pull. Shift as bonus.
* Form of Autumn. +1 reach, resist necrotic, deal extra damage. Weaken.
* Form of Blood Wolf. Gain speed, bonus damage against wounded foes, knock prone with advantage.
* Form of Displacement. 50% chance to resist damage from attack.
* Form of Spider. Generate difficult terrain. Climb speed. Con save bonus. Restrain attack.
* Form of Night Hunter. Fly, darkvision, to-hit bonus. Ongoing bleed damage.
* Form of Sandstorm. Ignore difficult terrain, resist damage, can squeeze to 1 inch. Grab attack.
* Form of World Forger. AC bonus aura. Fire damage when you or allies hit. CB3 ongoing fire damage.
* Earth Tomb: knock prone, foe cannot stand up.
* Glacial Hammer: cold damage, restrain target and foes near it.
* Guardian's Storm: foe takes lightning damage if it moves
* Ravenous Earth: ground near foe attacks enemies if they try to move through it.
* Weight of Mountain: hit foe, cause a 25' shockwave that attacks enemies
Last edited by Yakk; 2019-05-10 at 05:16 PM.