Sometimes I find it difficult to live with my father for short periods. I don't live with my parents. I have my own apartment and my own life, but I like to visit my dad. The problem is that sometimes he comes but with strange plans that I don't fully understand and which he can't explain very well. The instructions can be very (demonstrative) pronoun-rich, such as "Get that from there and put it there". His speech is so unclear that I can't always understand what he wants. Now he wanted my help and listened to his plan and it sounded so bad that I told him: "I had a long day at the university and my mind is tired. I would be happy to help you, but I'm afraid that if I don't understand your instructions right away, we will both end up getting angry and say things that we will regret. I'd rather make you sad by declining my help than to fight you over nothing, and I'm sure that we will fight over nothing if I help you with this." So he went to do what he wanted to do alone. I'm sad that I didn't help him, but we can have more peace when I don't do things with him. The less we cooperate, the less we fight.