Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
Edit: Nevermind! I just realized why I was doing this wrong. I was thinking about this from a C++/Machine Assembly way. I was trying to move through the code, into and out of loops. But now I realize, I don't want to move out of the loop. I just have that case call a method, which would then call another method and so on and so forth, while not actually leaving the loop! And then I can have the last method I'm calling have the exit or close out command which would shut down the application then! Is this correct? If so, then my mind would be blow by this revelation!
Technically, yes you can do it that way, but in almost all cases it's an utterly horrible hack and should be avoided by changing your program's design. System.exit() is for when things have gone absolutely unrecoverably wrong and the program needs to shut down to get out of whatever bad state it's in, not for the normal and routine end of program execution.

I get the feeling that your actual main issue is poor conceptual design of how the program is supposed to work in general, and there's a lot of missing context that we'd need to be able to advise you on that.