Tager could admit it, he was kinda taken aback by seeing, just, everyone seeming to be carrying weapons. And not just archaic weapons, actual firearms. Some of them looking cutting-edge, even! He knew rationally that not all worlds were going to have the same laws and mores as Naiar - and he could only hope that such a proliferation of weapons meant that the wider universe had not so often experienced such horrifically destructive conflicts as The War To End All Wars - but still. Even though nobody seemed to be paying him personally any particular mind, he had never felt more threatened in his entire life - and that includes during John's visit to his world which involved Graviator street brawls, fleeing the authorities, and a less-than-peaceful encounter with a pack of wolves the size of small buildings. (How were they to know the cave was occupied? Neither of them were survivalists.)

So, yeah, it might have kinda made an impression when this rough-and-tumble, armed-to-the-teeth crowd more-or-less universally vacated when the woman behind them entered.

Huh.

Tager nodded at John's explanation. He didn't mention his own reasons for being here. Tager may have had the best of reasons for being in it for the money, but it didn't change the fact that he was in it for the money. The drive of curiosity or whatever reason John had for seeking out Precursor tech seemed nobler by far. He did comment on the planet-hopping though. "Yeah upgraded my armor. My sister's actually been studying astrophysics, she helped me set it up for space travel." The pride in his voice was unmistakable. "This is actually my first time off-world. So I suppose I'll follow your lead." He smirked a bit as he said it, a silent commentary on the wisdom of that, when considering the trouble John had gotten them into during his visit to Naiar.

But, he didn't then walk back what he had said, despite the smirk. John had also stepped in when he needed help without any reason to do so. There was a statement being made there. Again, you had to know the culture.

"Glad to meet you, Pixel," he said with a nod after John had made introductions. He was unfazed by her name. In the general sense it might have seemed rather on the nose, but it'd fit right in on a Graviator roster.

"Shouldn't be too hard now," he answered John's suggestion dryly, glancing around to see if anyone seemed to be paying any notice to the lot of them, now that the room had largely cleared out. If nobody did, he'd head over to the bar. The strategy of talking to the barkeep seemed reasonable, absent other options. Although...he wasn't entirely sure if the barkeep was mechanical or not. Still, even if it was, that didn't mean it couldn't also be sentient he supposed, in this wide and wild universe. Good enough for him.