Quote Originally Posted by Vogie View Post
Those things that you list as "just a survival check" are already written out in the RAW and Revised Ranger class feature list ("When you forage, you find twice as much food as you normally would" and so on) , so there's a potential that you're games' ability checks are running a bit overpowered in comparison to RAW.

The reason both Hunter's Mark and Goodberry were removed from the spell list and made class features is because this version of the ranger must actively choose to get the spellcasting feature by selecting the Mantle of Ancient Secrets, and I feel that all Rangers should have access to those two abilities, even if they don't choose the spellcasting feature.
I was talking about the general action (forage or tracking) being something you would use a Survival check for.

It's just that using an expendable resource for something that the character should be able to accomplish with a Skill check strikes me as needlessly complicated. Plus I dislike the auto-success nature of the abilities. Things like foraging and tracking should always allow for the possibility of failure, no matter how good the character is at it.

Also, I included a different option for Goodberry as a class feature that more closely mimics the spell that you seem to have neglected to comment on.