Quote Originally Posted by WalkingTheShade View Post
Regarding those background inputs, I'm fine with everything. That clergy looks like a very appropriate enemy to have, thematically, for Rosa. I don't know if you did that on purpose, but it goes wonderfully well with my description of the sun dazzling her :)

Riverton seems like the nice kind of very boring place I wanted Rosa to be from. Since it's on the river, her mother probably stole a small boat or raft to make her escape: explains how they could get to Blacksand without being intercepted by an angry pitchfork wielding mob.
I wasn't thinking of the dazzling moment when I decided on Riverton's church. Quite a nice coincidence, though! I think there's some rivalry between the followers of Amaunator and At'ar, with At'ar having a less harsh view of Good and Evil (light creates shadow). Which might explain a little why Rosa has stayed in Port Blacksand.
And fleeing downriver in a boat in the middle of the night is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingTheShade
Whether the priest's reason to summon Rosa was infatuation, lechery or a genuine attempt at exorcism (or some degree of each), Rosa doesn't really know. Unless that priest comes back from the dead, this will remain unknown even to me.
Gotcha.

How well does Rosa know the Red Tigers? And what has been their relation? Enemies? Allies? Competitors? A mixture of those, depending on past circumstances?
I was thinking not direct enemies, but that some of Rosa's targets have had bodyguards or the like that were Red Tigers, which brought them into conflict. The Red Tigers have a strict honour code; outside of their assignments they wouldn't go after Rosa, and wouldn't hold a grudge unless she went after them personally. They might even extend a certain professional courtesy and respect if they met in a tavern.

Also, it was somewhat implicit in my background, but I believe Rosa managed to decipher a spell-book and self-teach herself into wizardry thanks to her fiendish heritage.
I hadn't really thought of it in terms of her heritage, but now that you mention it that makes a lot of sense.[/QUOTE]

Ah yes! I didn't realize that. All in all, compared with 3.X, even while that concentration limitation makes wizards loose in raw power, that piece of rule makes them far more versatile. In the end, I think giving up raw power for versatility always makes for a better gaming experience.
I haven't played casters much in 3.X, but that was the general impression I had of the differences.

5etools.com seems a lot more accurate.
Very handy too!

Yup, a map is definitely what should be included in the OP.

I'm ambivalent regarding maps in RPG and fiction in general. They mess up with my sense of space. It's hard to picture a city as mysterious and crowded when you can count streets and blocks from a bird's eye view. Yet, on the other hand, they do give a sense of space: what neighbourhood is next to what street, etc. which will probably come handy for that ineluctable moment we will be running for our lives and looking for a place to hide.
This was more or less why I was hesitating to post it, but I'll pop it in the OP. The Port Blacksand I envision is much more dense with narrower streets.