View Single Post

Thread: Dragon Age VI: Siege Harder

1. - Top - End - #548
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Age VI: Siege Harder

Retreading the same argument for the umpteenth time aside, this did make me wonder if I want to finish Inquisition for the third time. I started playing a Qunari warrior, specialized as a Templar, who sided with Templars and was going to romance Dorian. Sadly, I just got sort of bogged down in the vast areas and pointless quests.

Also, the fact that Qunari (or Vashoth, if we want to get technical) were added late in development is very apparent. There's several armor models that just don't fit them and revert to generic ones, and weapons don't seem to scale up to them - so one-handed axes look like toys in their hands. I do have to give Inquisition props for making weapon/shield fun and dynamic... or at least as fun and dynamic as Inquisition combat can get. But it still beats using it in Origins and DA2, where it boiled down to "stand in front of your party and poke feebly at enemies".

And while the Templar specialization sort of lots its teeth mechanically - I miss being able to just straight-up silence mages and demons - I did like talking to Ser and Cullen about it.
    Last edited by Morty; 2019-05-10 at 02:02 PM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.