Show
Elite Array: 12 Cha, 14 Dex, 13 Int, 15 Wis, 10 Str, 8 Con
Lesser Aasimar racial bonus: 14 Cha, 14 Dex, 13 Int, 17 Wis, 10 Str, 8 Con
4 HD: 14 Cha, 14 Dex, 14 Int, 17 Wis, 10 Str, 8 Con
8 HD: 14 Cha, 14 Dex, 14 Int, 18 Wis, 10 Str, 8 Con
Silveraith Template: 16 Cha, 14 Dex, 16 Int, 20 Wis, /Str, /Con
12 HD: 16 Cha, 14 Dex, 16 Int, 21 Wis, /Str, /Con
16 HD: 16 Cha, 14 Dex, 16 Int, 22 Wis, /Str, /Con

Build Summary: Lesser Aasimar Silveraith Cleric of Savras 8/Paragnostic Apostle 3/Initiate of the Sevenfold Veil 7

Spoiler: Build Table
Show

CR Class Base Attack Bonus Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Skills Feats Class Features
1 Lesser Aasimar Cleric of Savras 1 +0 (+0) +2(+2) +0(+0) +2(+2)
[RACIAL BONUS] +2 Spot, +2 Listen

[DOMAIN BONUS]
+2 Spellcraft, +2 Concentration

[RANKS]
Knowledge Arcana 4 (+4), Spellcraft 4 (+4), Knowledge Religion 4 (+4)
Spell Focus: Abjuration Rebuke Undead, Knowledge Domain, Spell Domain, Darkvision,
2 Cleric 2 +1 (+1) +3 (+1) +0(+0) +3 (+1)
Knowledge Arcana 5 (+1), Knowledge Religion 5 (+1), Spellcraft 5 (+1)
3 Cleric 3 +2 (+1) +3 (+0) +1 (+1) +3 (+0) Knowledge Arcana 6 (+1), Knowledge Religon 5 (+0), Spellcraft 6 (+1), Knowledge Nature 1 (+1) Greater Spell Focus:Abjuration
4 Cleric 4 +3 (+1) +4 (+1) +1 (+0) +4 (+1)
Knowledge Arcana 7 (+1), Knowledge Religion 5 (+0), Spellcraft 7 (+1), Knowledge Nature 3 (+2)
+1 Int
5 Cleric 5 +3 (+0) +4 (+0) +1 (+0) +4 (+0)
Knowledge Arcana 8 (+1), Knowledge Religion 5 (+0), Spellcraft 8 (+1), Knowledge Nature 4 (+1), Concentration 1(+1)
6 Cleric 6 +4 (+1) +5 (+1) +2 (+1) +5 (+1)
Knowledge Arcana 9 (+1), Knowledge Religion 5 (+0), Spellcraft 9 (+1), Knowledge Nature 4 (+0),
Concentration 3 (+2)
Improved Initiative
7 Cleric 7 +5 (+1) +5 (+0) +2 (+0) +5 (+0)
Knowledge Arcana 10 (+1), Knowledge Religion 5 (+0), Spellcraft 10 (+1), Knowledge Nature 4 (+0),
Concentration 5 (+2)
8 Cleric 8 +6/+1 (+1) +6 (+1) +2 (+0) +6 (+1)
Knowledge Arcana 11 (+1), Knowledge Religion 5 (+0), Spellcraft 11 (+1), Knowledge Nature 4 (+0),
Concentration 7 (+2)
+1 Wis
9 Paragnostic Apostle 1 +6/+1 (+0) +6 (+0) +2 (+0) +8 (+2)
Knowledge Arcana 12 (+1), Knowledge Religion 5 (+0), Spellcraft 12 (+1), Knowledge Nature 4 (+0),
Concentration 11 (+4)
Skill Focus: Spellcraft Holy Texts, Knowledge is Power, Lore
10 Paragnostic Apostle 2 +7/+2 (+1) +6 (+0) +2 (+0) +9 (+1)
Knowledge Arcana 13 (+1), Knowledge Religion 5 (+0), Spellcraft 13 (+1), Knowledge Nature 4 (+0),
Concentration 13 (+2),
Knowledge The Planes 2 (+2)
Knowledge is Power
11 Paragnostic Apostle 3 +7/+2 (+0) +7 (+1) +3 (+1) +9 (+0)
Knowledge Arcana 14 (+1), Knowledge Religion 7 (+2), Spellcraft 14 (+1), Knowledge Nature 4 (+0),
Concentration 14 (+1), Knowledge The Planes 3 (+1)
Knowledge is Power
13 Silveraith Template +7/+2 (+0) +7 (+0) +3 (+0) +9 (+0)
[RACIAL BONUSES] +8 Hide, +8 Listen, +8 Search, +8 Spot,
HD Change, Fly Speed, +3 Deflection Bonus, Magic Absorption, Create Spawn, Immunities, Incorporeal Traits, Turn Resistance, Undead Traits, Ability bonus
14 Initiate of the Sevenfold Veil 1 +7/+2 (+0) +7 (+0) +3 (+0) +11
(+2)
Knowledge Arcana 15 (+1), Knowledge Religion 7(+0), Spellcraft 15 (+1), Knowledge Nature 4 (+0),
Concentration 15 (+1), Knowledge The Planes 5 (+2),
Divine Defiance +1 Wis, Warding 1/day, Red Veil, Unimpeachable Abjuration
15 Initiate of the Sevenfold Veil 2 +8/+3 (+1) +7 (+0) +3 (+0) +12 (+1)
Knowledge Arcana 16 (+1), Knowledge Religion 7 (+0), Spellcraft 16 (+1), Knowledge Nature 4 (+0),
Concentration 16 (+1), Knowledge The Planes 5 (+0), Knowledge Local 2 (+2)
Unanswerable Strike +2, Orange Veil
16 Initiate of the Sevenfold Veil 3 +8/+3 (+0) +8 (+1) +4 (+1) +12 (+0)
Knowledge Arcana 17 (+1), Knowledge Religion 7 (+0), Spellcraft 17 (+1), Knowledge Nature 5 (+0),
Concentration 17 (+1), Knowledge The Planes 5 (+0), Knowledge Local 4 (+2),
Warding 2/day, Yellow Veil
17 Initiate of the Sevenfold Veil 4 +9/+4 (+1) +8 (+0) +4 (+0) +13 (+1)
Knowledge Arcana 18 (+1), Knowledge Religion 7 (+0), Spellcraft 18 (+1), Knowledge Nature 4 (+0),
Concentration 18 (+1), Knowledge The Planes 5 (+0), Knowledge Local 5 (+1), Knowledge Dungeoneering 1 (+1)
Spell Focus: Necromancy Reactive Warding, Green Veil
18 Initiate of the Sevenfold Veil 5 +9/+4 (+0) +8 (+0) +4 (+0) +13 (+0)
Knowledge Arcana 19 (+1), Knowledge Religion 7 (+0), Spellcraft 19 (+1), Knowledge Nature 4 (+0),
Concentration 19 (+1), Knowledge The Planes 5 (+0), Knowledge Local 5 (+0), Knowledge Dungeoneering 3 (+2)
+1 Wis, Warding 3/day, Blue Veil
19 Initiate of the Sevenfold Veil 6 +10/+5 (+1) +9 (+1) +5 (+1) +14 (+1)
Knowledge Arcana 20 (+1), Knowledge Religion 7 (+0), Spellcraft 20 (+1), Knowledge Nature 5 (+1),
Concentration 20 (+1), Knowledge The Planes 5 (+0), Knowledge Local 5 (+0), Knowledge Dungeoneering 4 (+1),
Unanswerable Strike +4, Double Warding, Indigo Veil
20 Initiate of the Sevenfold Veil 7 +10/+5 (+0) +9 (+0) +5 (+0) +14 (+0)
Knowledge Arcana 20 (+0), Knowledge Religion 7 (+0), Spellcraft 20 (+0), Knowledge Nature 5 (+0),
Concentration 20 (+0), Knowledge The Planes 5 (+0), Knowledge Local 5 (+0), Knowledge Dungeoneering 5 (+1), Knowledge History 3 (+3)
Extra Turning Kaleidoscopic Doom, Violet Veil, Warding 4/day

Spoiler: Background
Show
Angra Mainyu they call him now, the Ruin of Empires. Then, he was Crown Prince of the Island Nation of Cadoir, but to me he was Damaris, the heart of my heart.

We met at the Paragnostic Assembly, I, a humble priestess of the god of knowledge, he the most learned elf had ever met. He was amused by my faith, but serious in his desire for us to seek out the lost secrets of the world together.

Little did I know that our union went against the wishes of his people. He was already betrothed to the princess of Elthrai when we eloped. Their engagement was purely political, and the combined might of the sea and moon elves would create an empire the world had never seen. Her moon-elf kin took exception to my love’s vacillating, and, the night before my wedding day, they took me from my bed and killed me.
When Damaris found me, I tried to call to him, but he couldn’t hear. It broke my heart to see the pain on his normally taciturn features. He howled, and the earth shook. He cradled my mortal remains in his arms and rose through the air; a dark thunderbolt reversed. The moon elves left their beds as the night sky was split with lightning, and the bellowing wind drowned out all their fearful cries.

Within minutes, Elthrai was reduced to ruins, and few, if any, of the treacherous moon elves survived my love’s black rage. Fearful at the power and anger of their once favoured son, Cadoir closed its gates to our return and forswore their bonds to their prince. His fury still not sated, Damaris forced the island chain beneath the waves, and watched coldly as his people drowned.

The bitter remnants of the nations he obliterated now wail and gnash their teeth, declaring my husband a monster, the Ruin of Empires.

I care not for their jibes, Damaris has done all he could to bring me back, and though I’m still little more than a shade, I have no doubt that through his centuries of research, some hope remains that we can fulfil his last goal, deification. If he could become a god, we surmise, all can be as it was before.

I must protect him at all costs, I’ll let nothing stand in his way.

Spoiler: CR15
Show
CR15
Selene, Bride of Ruin
NE Medium Undead (Incorporeal)
HP: 122 (11d12+2d4+39)
Initiative: +6
Speed: 30ft, Fly 30ft (good)
AC: 20 (+2 Dex, +8 Deflection)
Attack: Incorporeal Touch +10
Full Attack: Incorporeal Touch +10/+5
Damage: 3d8+10 (DC19 Will halves)
Space/Reach: 5ft.
Special attacks: Magic Absorption (DC19), Rebuke Undead (7/day),
Special Qualities: Create Spawn, Immunities (Cold, Electricity, Polymorph, Mind Affecting), Undead Traits, Incorporeal Traits, Turn Resistance +4, Knowledge Domain Power, Spell Domain Power, Holy Texts, Knowledge is Power (Penetrating Insight), Knowledge is Power (See Through the Veil), Knowledge is Power (Divine Understanding Evil Domain), Lore, Darkvision (60ft), Warding 1/day (DC23), Red Veil, Unimpeachable Abjuration, Orange Veil, Unanswerable Strike +2
Saves: Fort +7, Ref +5, Will +17
Abilities: Str: N/A, Dex 14, Con N/A, Int 16, Wis 21, Cha 16
Skills: Knowledge Arcana +19, Knowledge Religion +11, Spellcraft +21, Knowledge Nature +7, Concentration +21, Knowledge The Planes +8, Knowledge Local +5, Hide +10, Spot +15, Listen +15, Search +11
Feats: Spell Focus: Abjuration, Greater Spell Focus: Abjuration, Improved Initiative, Skill Focus: Spellcraft, Divine Defiance

Spoiler: CR20
Show
Selene, Bride of Ruin
NE Medium Undead (Incorporeal)
HP: 152 (11d12+7d4+54)
Initiative: +6
Speed: 30ft, Fly 30ft (good)
AC: 20 (+2 Dex, +8 Deflection)
Attack: Incorporeal Touch +12
Full Attack: Incorporeal Touch +12/+7
Damage: 3d8+10 (DC22 Will halves)
Space/Reach: 5ft.
Special attacks: Magic Absorption (DC22), Rebuke Undead (11/day),
Special Qualities: Create Spawn, Immunities (Cold, Electricity, Polymorph, Mind Affecting), Undead Traits, Incorporeal Traits, Turn Resistance +4, Knowledge Domain Power, Spell Domain Power, Holy Texts, Knowledge is Power (Penetrating Insight), Knowledge is Power (See Through the Veil), Knowledge is Power (Divine Understanding Evil Domain), Lore, Darkvision (60ft), Warding 4/day (DC24), Red Veil, Unimpeachable Abjuration, Orange Veil, Unanswerable Strike +4, Yellow Veil, Green Veil, Blue Veil, Indigo Veil, Violet Veil, Reactive Warding, Double Warding, Kaleidoscopic Doom,
Saves: Fort +9, Ref +9, Will +20
Abilities: Str: N/A, Dex 14, Con N/A, Int 16, Wis 22, Cha 16
Skills: Knowledge Arcana +24, Knowledge Religion +11, Spellcraft +26, Knowledge Nature +8, Concentration +26, Knowledge The Planes +8, Knowledge Local +8, Hide +10, Spot +16, Listen +16, Search +11, Knowledge Dungeoneering +8, Knowledge History +6
Feats: Spell Focus: Abjuration, Greater Spell Focus: Abjuration, Improved Initiative, Skill Focus: Spellcraft, Divine Defiance, Spell Focus: Necromancy, Extra Turning

Spoiler: Tactics/Campaign Usage
Show
I think this entry is a little different, as Selene isn’t designed to be the BBEG of a campaign, but rather as a support to the true BBEG (Angra Mainyu, the Ruin of Empires, an exceptionally potent wizard). Obviously this can easily be adapted to your own campaign, either by adding her to a different BBEG or even focusing the story on her.

I thought the role as a support fit better with the theme of the round, and so Selene is very capable of shutting down adventurers of every stripe. First off, her incorporeal and undead types give her a hefty dose of immunities, making it extremely difficult for her to be taken out by mundane means.

For magical foes, she relies heavily on both her Silveraith’s Magic Absorption ability, and the Divine Defiance feat, allowing her to expend a rebuke undead attempt to counter a spell without needing to prepare the counter beforehand. Between this and her own aptitude for abjuration, she should easily be able to outmatch any caster in a 1v1.

In her long undeath, Selene and Angra Mainyu have been working towards divinity, and have used their knowledge of undeath and necromancy to raise the former citizens of Elthrai and Cadoir, so players will likely have to fight through several layers of these before reaching the ‘boss’. Those undead she is directly able to command (via spells, rebuke and Create Spawn) will accompany her (she focuses primarily on Mohrgs and Ghasts for paralysis and grappling, further shutting down the enemy, in addition to the Silveraith spawn she creates.)

The spell list isn’t what she has prepared (that will vary based on her divinations and scrying on the PCs’ capabilities), but rather some noteable spells that she’ll find useful. All the symbols/glyphs are likely to be placed as traps around her room, Anyspell gives her a bit of arcane flexibility. All the others are there for how they fit the theme or to add to her divination ability, allowing her to better identify and negate her enemies’ strengths.

Paragnostic Apostle gives her a few nice little boosts to some spells, and works with the theme of knowledge-seeking begun with her worship of Savras, while I7V fits the contest theme perfectly, giving many and varied ways to shut enemies down (both offensively and defensively), and again, I believe fits into the theme of knowledge-seeking (I sort of look at abjuration as the magical study of magic itself, and I7V works as an extension of that).

Also just to note, I’ve only included snapshots at CR15 and 20, because before her transformation into a Silveraith, Selene is not a villain, and I would peg her alignment at TN, leaning NG.

Spoiler: Sauces
Show
Player’s Guide to Faerun (Savras, Spell Domain, Lesser Aasimar)
City of the Spider Queen (Silveraith template)
Fiendish Codex II (Divine Defiance feat)
Complete Champion (Paragnostic Apostle)
Complete Arcane (Initiate of the Sevenfold Veil)