View Single Post

Thread: Personal Woes and Advice 6

1. - Top - End - #47
    Banned

HalflingRangerGuy

Default Re: Personal Woes and Advice 6

So I'm in Bradford, UK. I don't live here permanently, I am registered to a dentist in the south and I'm moving back to sweden halfway through next month.

I need a temp filling replaced with a permanent one. How can I do that quick and affordable? If I look at the NHS site, nobody's advertising new NHS patients. For private care, one quoted me at something like 110/120 pounds, which is only twice what the NHS would ask for, which sounded not entirely unreasonable, but when I called them back they told me the books were full and they'd need new books/there were new dentists and I should call back next friday . Another told me they'd charge me 40 just to have a look at me and wouldn't estimate how much the filling'd cost, so I suspect a trap...

The bureaucracy of these places seems a bit screwy. When I ask them if they do NHS treatment, the one place that did said they do and wouldn't take me, even though I'm asking for a one off. Like, I can't imagine they're all booked all the time when they've got a cap on their allotted patients.

Private dentistry here is probably cheaper than what I can get in Sweden, if the 110 price holds up.

How can I get treatment (without breaking the bank)
    It's a rearmost upper tooth.
    Last edited by The Jack; 2019-05-28 at 04:12 AM.