They have Influence on me: Hikari, Tsunami

Potential:
    X O O O O
    Spoiler: Ronin, The Scion
    Show

Hero Name: Ronin

Look
    ē Ambiguous, Man, Shifting, Transgressing, Woman
    ē Asian or South Asian, Black, Hispanic/Latino, Indigenous, Middle Eastern, White
    ē Stocky body, slender body, scrawny body, statuesque body, taut body
    ē Hand-me-down clothing, expensive clothing, uniform clothing, rebellious clothing, casual clothing
    ē Bright costume, parentís costume, understated costume, makeshift costume, no costume

Machine Control: The powerful AI 'Chisei' loaded into her armour can generally hack anything with a computer control chip in it -- which means most machines and electronics these days -- and make it dance to their tune.

Powerful Weapon or Gadget: The Ronin armour transforms from chair to suit and back again, allows her to walk and fight -- such as it is -- with enhanced strength and speed, flight, a short-range electrical stunner, a long-range kinetic lance, and a mono-edged katana that can cut through most materials. Kinetic shielding blunts most physical attacks, but has little effect against energy weapons and secondary thermal effects.

LABELS
    Danger -2 -1 0 +1 +2 +3
    Freak -2 -1 0 +1 +2 +3
    Savior -2 -1 0 +1 +2 +3
    Superior -2 -1 0 +2 +2 +3
    Mundane -2 -1 0 +1 +2 +3

Scion Moves

❑ Iíll show them:
    When you defend someone who doesnít believe in you, you can always take Influence over them, even on a miss.

❑ Changed sides:
    When you mislead or trick an enemy by pretending to be on their side, roll + Danger. On a hit, they buy your charade for now. On a 7-9, choose 1. On a 10+, choose 2.
    ē You avoid having to provide concrete evidence
    ē You create an opportunity
    ē You expose a weakness or flaw On a miss, someone else watching comes to the worst possible conclusion.

❑ They donít deserve forgiveness:
    When you accuse an enemy of being irredeemable, you can mark two conditions to take Influence over you away from them. When you directly engage someone who has no Influence over you, you can always choose 1 additional option, even on a miss.

❑ Moldable:
    When you pierce the mask of someone whose respect you crave, you can always ask ďHow could I gain Influence over you?Ē, even on a miss. Take +1 ongoing to acting on the answer.

❑ All the best stuff:
    Youíve compiled access to caches of equipment and weaponry other supers have hidden in the city. When you access a cache, say whose cache it is. If itís a heroís, roll + Savior. If itís a villainís, roll + Danger. On a hit, you find a tool or intel useful to your situation; the GM will detail. On a 7-9, you leave evidence that youíve been here. On a miss, you tripped an alarm and theyíre coming; prepare to explain yourself.

❑ White lies:
    When you comfort or support someone by telling them how they are your role model as a hero, roll + Savior instead of + Mundane. On any hit, if they open up to you, take Influence over them.

❑ Always Prepared: When you have a chance to restock your supplies, hold up to 2-gadgets. When you unleash your powers by producing a brand new minor invention or gadget from your supply, spend 1-gadget and roll + Superior. When you reach 0-gadgets, mark a condition.

❑ Damage: You get an additional condition called Damaged. While marked, take +1 to take a powerful blow. To clear the Damaged condition, you need time, external help, or special equipment or abilities.

Backstory
    ē Who is your supervillain parent? My father? You probably don't know him; he goes by Bushido, and he's just a good little soldier. The real villain that has everyone quaking in fear, though, that's my sofu -- my grandfather -- The Warrior, founder and iron-fisted leader of The Five Warlords. Yeah. Try having that hanging over your head.

ē Who told you about your parentís true nature? Nobody had to tell me, unfortunately. I was little more than an experiment, a continued attempt to mitigate some of the more odious qualities of my grandfather's dark dynasty, but I had several strikes against me; firstly, I had the poor taste to be born a girl, rather than the boy they wanted; next, I was proven to be further defective by having little of the aptitude for martial skill that grandfather dearest so demands; and, lastly, I had a bad habit of asking questions rather than just exhibiting blind, senseless obedience. Like that's my fault; they quite specifically bred me in a way that produced these traits. So sad for them that the results weren't what they wanted.

I mean, their attempt made sense, in a way; it all centred around mom. She was a heroine, of course, who went by the unwieldy name of Fausta Felicitas, She was brilliant, a pacifist, and her powers centred around incredible luck. She never hurt anybody, but incredibly unlikely events just happened to occur to her benefit. Somebody eventually did enough meticulous planning that luck couldn't enter into it, and she was left nearly dead in a vegetative state.

I...still don't know for certain what happened, but she disappeared from her medical facility and hasn't been seen since. The only reason I know she's my mother is because they threw that at me in the course of explaining their 'disappointment in my potential'.

Whatever. I can do things they haven't even imagined.

ē Why did you turn from your lineage to be a hero? It wasn't a difficult choice; when my loving grandfather decided to make one last attempt to 'make me a warrior', an attempt that nearly killed me and left me half dead and fully paralyzed from the waist down...well, let's just say that the bloom was well and truly off the rose. Considering I was all of twelve at the time, they'll have to forgive me for not feeling very philosophical about it. Not in the least because my actual father not only did absolutely nothing to prevent this, he turned his back on my along with the rest when I was proven especially 'unworthy' in their eyes. Fine; I would just have to show them that their way was the wrong way.

ē Who, outside of the team, helps you on your chosen path? I wouldn't have gotten as far as I have without the support of my best -- maybe even only -- friend, Erika. She also goes by Kitsune, and is a teleporter, an empath, and unfairly gorgeous -- not necessarily in that order. She could feel the black emotions that I was subject to back then, and she stopped this scrawny teenager in a wheelchair to find out how she could help.

When I eventually told her about who my family was...well, that was definitely the biggest strain on our relationship like, ever. But she not only got over it, but she enthusiastically encourages me to show that not all of the seeds from that line has to grow twisted and bitter. I just hope she's right.

ē Why do you care about the team? I'll be blunt; if I'm ever going to be seen as anything other than 'The Warrior's Granddaughter', I'm going to need the support of people who are unquestioningly heroes. Too many of the big names just see me as a rotten apple who can't have fallen far from the tree, wondering what deep game I'm playing. But the team? They're willing to approach things with an open mind, for the most part. We're building trust, and anyone who didn't grow up in my world has no idea how rare a thing that is.

Respect
    Write down the names of at least two other characters whose respect you need to earn in order to differentiate yourself from your parent. You may fill in new names whenever appropriate.

Your parentís greatest enemy: Lightbringer, former director of the Guardians and current leader of the Authority, the photonic hero won't rest until she brings down The Five Warlords. If she believes I'm different, surely anyone can.
    Respect: ☐ ☐ ☐ ☐ Advancement: ☐

Your parentís greatest victim: _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Your personal idol: William Sidis, arguably the smartest man alive, a genius whose technological inventiveness outshines even mine, if I have to admit it. THE genius' genius. One of the head R&D people at Hexxan Industries, there aren't many products in their lineup that don't use at least one process that he developed. If he can see me as a peer, I'll know I've got more going for me than just a legacy of violence and darkness.

The cityís greatest leader: Alexandre Mars, Chairman and CEO of Hexxan Industries. An influential businessman and philanthropist, he uses his wealth, position, and influence to not only directly benefit the disadvantaged but also rides the line between condemning the Warlord system but not doing so to the extent that will call down retribution from them. He's actually out there making a difference, and people listen to him; I need him to see me as a sign of how the system can change.

The cityís greatest hero: Tsunami's mentor, the Smith. An acknowledged powerhouse, she's a fellow armour creator and user, and she is our team's benefactor. No doubt she has her misgivings about my teaming up with her protege, but I'm sure I can convince her I'm in this to help, not lead people astray!

The cityís biggest celebrity: _ _ _ _ _ _ _

When you seek out one of the characters named above, roll + Savior. On a hit, you find them where you expected to. On a 7-9, theyíre juggling their own problems, and may not have time for you. On a miss, when you find them, the situation is dire; the GM will tell you how.

If you earn Influence over the characters listed above, instead you mark 1 Respect. If you lose Influence over the characters listed above, you lose 1 Respect. If you lose 1 Respect and you have none marked, you immediately mark a condition, GMís choice.

The first time you reach 4 Respect on an individual, take an advancement.

Team Moves
    When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, ask them if you have earned their respect. If you have, take Influence over them and mark potential. If you have not, give them Influence over you and mark potential. When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, ask them if they would defend you against those who mistrust you. If they say yes, clear a condition and shift Savior up and any other Label down. If they say no, mark a condition and shift Danger up and any other Label down.

Relationships
    Moonshadow is the only one who understands what Iím going through; I told them which part of me I wished was more like my parent. There are times when I think having that totally ruthless edge is something I need more than empathy, or the ability to see multiple sides of a problem. It would sure be a hell of a lot simpler....

My grandparent once fought and thrashed Tsunami; Iíve got to find a way to make it up to them. Sure, he was new to the city, but nobody deserves what happened to him.

I have Influence on: Ground Zero, Hikari, Tsunami

They have Influence on me: The Lion, Hikari, Tsunami

Spoiler: Additional Questions
    Show
    How old are you?
    Seventeen. Have to say I feel older than that, though; Iíve been looking after myself for years now, and been emancipated and actively on my own for...wow, nearly two now.

Who is your family? What are they like? Do they know about your powers or about you being a hero?
    Oh, my family. Make that ĎFamilyí Ė supervillains or not, itís organized crime on a grand scale. Iím pretty sure most of them donít really know what Iím capable of, especially with Chesai on my side, but...since I kinda called them out at one point once I had the Ronin armour up and running, yeah, they know what Iím doing.

What is your favorite place in the city? What do you do there?
    Hands down, my lab. Itís where I do my work, my inventing. I coded the seed that became Chesai in my room Ė heís my oldest and best friend. I developed the initial kinetic sink that I later improved for my armour in a chop shop Ė sold that tech to Lockheed, and itíll be showing up in commercial aircraft in a few years. The money from that sale funded my emancipation suit and then bought me the little house where I have my lab Ė and that lab is where I designed and constructed the Ronin armour. Chesai has been playing the stock market with the rest of my patent money, and Iíve been inventing. Everythng good in my life has come from my lab, in whatever form itís had at the time.

...what? Oh Ė Iím kinda a genius. Not a Super Genius, but a genius nonetheless.

Did i forget to mention that? Sorry!

What do you do when you're bored?
    See above. A lot of the time Iím buried in my lab; but I can occasionally be lured out by pizza and one sci-fi marathon or another. Iím really not that interesting to hang out with, so I guess that itís good that Iím comfortable being alone, or with Chesai for company.

Who knows about your secret identity?
    My family pretty much knows across the board, which means most if not all of The Five Warlords organization knows. Oh, Erika, of course Ė Kitsune is a fairly minor player in the city, but she was my lifeline, and without question is my best meat friend. She encouraged me to become Ronin, because she knew thatís what I needed.

Empaths.

And, of course, The Team. Trying to keep that a secret from them is just asking for trouble; these things always come out at the worst possible moment and send everything cockeyed. Not happening Ė remember, genius!

What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
    I guess if I had to be said to have a profession it would be inventor, which is pretty badass. If I was picking a different one? Uhhh....

Teacher? Itís always fun watching the understanding dawn on someoneís face. Yeah, I could do that.

What profession would you not like to do?
    Tech support. If I canít be there hands-on to fix it myself, no way in hell am I going to suffer through their bumbling attempts to understand what they need to do.

What is your favorite word?
    Impossible. My alternate definition; I get to be the first to do it!

What is your least favorite word?
    Cripple. I donít have to explain that one, do I?
    Last edited by Captain Jak; Yesterday at 12:30 AM.