1. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: Need a replacement Character, Gestalt game.

Quote Originally Posted by schreier View Post
    He did say this:

My first idea, was combining Sorc/ with either Favored Soul or Cleric still. Maybe Incantantrix for bonus MM feats so I can hit
    both Blaster and Extend/Persist for buffing. Maybe a dip for a 2nd Turning pool to fuel more Persists.

I read that as not wanting to have a minion overshadow the martials - but he even mentioned Incantatrix and blaster/persist buffs.

And I think it is important to have both a plan for the current level (6), and long-term (15+ as he says)

That being said - I have always missed the "no combining prestige class" rule. Of course, I have only theorycrafted gestalts, never played them in reality. I knew the no-theurge restriction, but not the no-prestige at all!

What about artificer, if you want to be support?

Could go artificer 20 on one side, then the other pick a spellcasting class and run with it (Sorcerer / Incantatrix / Archmage?)
    Yes, my worries was that as I'd already gotten a few decent undead. They were doing comparable or greater damage just clonking around melee than my martials, on top of my throwing Arcane or Divine spells around. It looked to much like the me party with witnesses. I don't mind being a strong caster. I just can't reasonably be a necromancer it seems, as well what is the point of martial companions? If the warblade.. was played to a T properly (It isnt) it would've been a strong contender to stay equal with minionmancy on a Damage Per Round basis. But the Ranger is just always going to be lacking. The WB being played improperly puts it par with ranger here. I'm playing with 2 T4s and a DM who expects T3/2 play. I know he's pulling his punchs a tad, hoping those 2 will learn and improve. But eventually he wont, and it's gonna be a TPK. It's something of a headache being the strategist as it isn't the role I've found success playing as. Not to say I haven't found fun expanding on my repertoire and learning new roles or aspects I hadn't played before, but I really would prefer not to wipe. So, yeah my plan was look at Incantantrix, I need a longterm plan. Shortterm if I can squeeze War Weaver levels into the build, it's cheesing efficiency of Buff spells will hopefully put extra oomph on the martials.

If this was about flavor and being what I enjoyed, I'd do Warlock / something just because I freaking love Eldritch Blast as an auto attack inbetween strategically placed spells probably. But, I'm looking at having to bring to bear at least a decently optimized DMM Cleric to put power onto martials and simultaneously have some level of usefulness as the Arcane caster. Which I doubt I will be able to play at full capacity my experience range so far is mostly Gishes or Warblades honestly. Although once I did to a weird Troll (Savage species) Monk for lolz. Besides the point, Casters beyond a Gish level is new territory for me honestly. This was my first time trying out a Necromancer to actually. So looking at the battlefield never intending to do any real kind of damage (God wizard) sounds honestly boring to me. Which is why I looked into having some blaster optimization in there. I don't want to have to trust the martials to kill it if it is threatening to my characters life, but when able just let them do their own thing and enjoy their own smashing of things.
    Last edited by Lorddenorstrus; 2019-06-06 at 03:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Wizards are weak because they need to read! Sorcerers can take the Illiterate trait to minmax themselves to extremes that other classes can only dream of!
    Spoiler: Current Ongoing Campaigns
    Show
    DM- Overlord Campaign - Ainz wiped the floor but they did manage to clear several floor guardians. Playing - Gestalt game character WIP.