View Single Post

Thread: D&D Subclass Contest IX: Follow Me!

1. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: D&D Subclass Contest IX: Follow Me!

Roguish Archetype: Arrogate

All throughout history, there is a tendency for governments to create individuals who are permitted to perform otherwise illegal acts. These may be Privateers, Executioners, Repossessors, state-sponsored guerrillas, swains and other Warrant officers - these individuals rally groups into ad hoc fighting forces for a greater purpose.

Bonus Proficiency
    When you choose this archetype at 3rd level, you gain proficiency in all types of vehicles.

Coordinated Attack
    At 3rd level, whenever you would land a sneak attack, you can forgo half of your sneak attack die, rounded down, to direct one of your companions to strike. When you do so, choose a friendly creature who can see or hear you. That creature can immediately use its reaction to make one weapon attack or cast a cantrip. The spell must have a casting time of 1 action and must target only that creature.

Pre-Mortem
    At 9th level, you can spend 10 minutes to mentally walk through a plan or other specific course of action in an attempt to find holes or things you might have missed. You receive a feeling about the results of a specific course of action that you plan to take within the next 30 minutes. The GM chooses from the following possible feelings:
    • "Trust Your Gut", for good results
    • "Something's amiss", for bad results
    • "Mixed Blessing", for both good and bad results
    • Nothing, for results that arenít especially good or bad
    This thought experiment doesnít take into account any possible circumstances that might change the outcome, such as the casting of additional spells or the loss or gain of a companion. Once you use this ability, you can't do it again until you finish a short or long rest.

Conspire
    At 13th level, you can spend a portion of a short or long rest instructing your companions, preparing to fight. When you do so, choose up to six friendly creatures (which can include yourself) who can see or hear you and who can understand you. Each targetís hit point maximum and current hit points increase by 5 plus your Intelligence modifier until your next rest. These creatures have +2 to their initiative and stealth rolls until they take damage.

Focus Fire
    At 17th level, you teach your allies to exploit your targetís tactics and movement. When you use your coordinated attack feature, the damage from your ally's attack also increases by 2d6.
    Last edited by Vogie; 2019-07-09 at 12:58 PM.
    Always looking for critique of my 5E homebrew!

Friday Night DM for the Natural21s on Twitch on JennyBear, VOD on Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Bjarkmundur View Post
    ... does this stuff just come naturally to you? Do you even have to try anymore xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Man_Over_Game View Post
    Vogie is the sh**. I don't really have anything to contribute to the topic, just wanted to point that out.