Thread: [Empire 5] Gift of the Simulacrum

1. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Empire 5] Gift of the Simulacrum

Spoiler: To Seek the Stars
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Miltonian View Post
    To Seek the Stars: Lyrae and Guardian

A small smile crosses Lyrae's face. An almost sad one. "No," she says, "I was not speaking in a physical sense. The metaphysical is what I am after. I came expecting to find an assembly of stars, their spirits bound in a physical form like me. Instead, I find the children of many stars, but no stars themselves."

She looks searchingly up to Guardian. "Oracle," she says, not as a name, but as a respectful title, "Have you encountered anyone like that in your long life? The spirits of awakened stars, fused to a mortal body like me or perhaps roaming free?"

"Clarification accepted. --- Calculating ---" The click and whirl of the hologram from the table increases from a light barely noticeable hum - even to Lyraen ears - to something much more audible. This lasts for several seconds, before Guardian speaks again. "Insufficient evidence to support answer: maybe."

"Metaphysical spectrum difficult to quantify by it's very nature. Plausibility of awakened stars in a different body exists within three known individuals that this one has previously encountered, but probability of exact same metaphysical spectral analysis being 'like you' is at best, 43.0925%. Similarities yes; exact same? Additional scans required on individuals in question. Prospect of completing scans: low. Of the three individuals, none inhabited mortal bodies known for lengthy life, and last known encounter occurred <30856.20.10.14 Galactic Time> ago."

With this pronouncement, the higher audible noise within the table finally dies down, and in the quieter room, Guardian states, "Emotion: Hope."

"Plausibility of these individuals having progeny very high. Either direct descendants or metaphysical ones. Previously unmet metaphysical 'Living Luminaries' difficult to detect and locate without extensive permission from individual, thereby making them no longer 'unmet', or this one would provide evidence to guide you."

"This one can state that Luminaries - like the one in the center of the Lyrae system - are impossible for most to distinguish between the more common 'star', as they function mostly the same on all physical levels. Detection of Luminaries instead of stars would significantly increase chances of finding a metaphysical 'Living Luminary' such as yourself. Recommendation: learn to ask the stars. If they answer, they are not stars."

Odeum Δ - So Many Queries

Additional inquiries made in public add to the growing list, though similar questions that have already been answered are - instead - highlighted for the questioner to review the previous answer. The new questions are given priorities, and answered mostly in the order that they were asked.

Where are we now, in case we wish to return?
    i

"Assembled beings are in the Simulacrum. The Simulacrum will continue to function during this one's power conservation mode, and beings may use their Doorlights to return at any time for diplomatic discussions between their counterparts. Violence will continue to not be tolerated. The Simulacrum is considered neutral in all respects. A simplified version of this one's programming will remain to answer questions and facilitate communication."

The map of the Galaxy behind Guardian swirls large once more, and then there is a subtle shift as the whole of the map temporarily splits in four quadrants; northeast, northwest, southeast, and southwest. There is a distinct space of separation between each quadrant, but a bright yellow dot in the middle of the northeast and northwest quadrants' separation line appears. Guardian continues, "Many call the locale that the Simulacrum is physically in The Beyond. Access will require sufficient advancements in intergalactic travel through <θθθθ/ξξξξ/σσσσ> Untranslatable to reach physical doorway outside Simulacrum's hardware.

Please define/elaborate on the unresolved Arbiter incident
    i

"Beings were giving the Caller AI <Fury/Justice/Peace> Arbiter difficulty. Usual amount of retaliatory force ineffective. Incident flagged for review by creators. Review report indicates that it was seen by supervisors. Result: Incident-related race redacted from universe. No further details available."

What would you require to share some history with us?
    i

"Depending on the history requested, this one requires nothing. Certain histories unavailable. Primary reason: Active scans of entire galaxy inefficient use of remaining power. Passive and active scans for plausible galactic threats deemed higher priority."

Do you know how the Dasari came to be?
    i

"Clarifying question. Does this one know how the race known as Dasari were created? Records indicate: no. This one does not have that knowledge. Lack of information suggests this means the Dasari were either an undocumented private project of a specific Caller, or an illegal project of an Ancient race. Alternative: Dasari are not a creation of the Axiom Galaxy, but one of many whose sufficiently advanced ancestors immigrated here."

"Alternative question clarification: Does this one know how the race known as the Dasari evolved, culturally? Records indicate: yes. Historical details available from the Dawnstar Dominion provide sufficient information. No details that would be 'new' that are not minor or incidental, such as what resident Dasari being known as 'Rogeri' from <56.20.10.14 Galactic Time> ago had for breakfast. Preemptive answer: solid food. Liquid was also consumed at various intervals."

What knowledge to you have of the Dasari before their known history?
    i

"Question will need to be clarified by Officer Tariel. What is the beginning of the Dasari's known history? As previously answered, historical details available from the Dawnstar Dominion deemed sufficient. No galactic threats detected from their existence at this time. Resources were not used to maintain constant monitoring to provide minute-to-minute information, like other threat-category races. If this does not provide the details to answer your question, please clarify it's intent."

How many others [Simulacrums] are there and why is this the only functional one?
    i

"There is only one Simulacrum. This one remains functional because of sufficient power and excellent design from the Callers. Similar facilities exist, but only one Simulacrum. Preemptive answer: This one does not have details on the similar facilities, nor their location. If such information becomes available, it would also likely answer the query that has been a low priority inquiry for functional eons: where are this one's siblings? Emotion: Desire."

Are Caller AIs - like Guardian - filled with spirits of an ancestor?
    i

From Guardian's unblinking eye, a light beam set series of sweeping scans of various greens, yellows, and blues carefully go up and down, side to side, and through Princess Sai's companion.

"Complete makeup of Droccen Imperium 'Guardians' confirmed. Metaphysical spectral analysis indicates 'ancestral spirit' primary component for physical function, but different from metaphysical component required for Caller AI creation. Analysis result: No. Not an 'ancestral spirit'. Creators utilized something else. Emotion: Curiosity. Information specifically unavailable to prevent Caller AI from creating more Caller AI."

Was the message [found within the Archdeacon of Iteus] following consumption of the parasite or applied to the parasite once to be looped by the consumer?
    i

"Information applied to knowledge parasite. Deemed most suitable method for your government for providing details of Doorlight to invite Church of Iteus to receive gifts from the Simulacrum."

What is in the center of the universe?
    i

"Information restricted, in agreement with Organization known as the Sisterhood of Silence. Please consult the Sisterhood for details. Unrestricted details that do not break agreement: Stars. So many stars. Fewer and fewer as you get towards the exact center. In their place is the largest collection of body-less Luminaries collected and documented by the Callers. Without appropriate identification software, the majority of the assembled races in the Simulacrum would confuse this with: Light. Light that has gravity, but no heat."
    Last edited by Gengy; 2019-06-19 at 09:24 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    BladeofObliviom said:
    I've only seen a character at anything resembling this level of absurdity thrive exactly once, and he/she/what-the-jongo had the advantage of being written by Gengy, who I look up to as a writer.

"What-the-Jongo?"
    Before you insult someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, you'll be a mile away, and have their shoes!

Got me a Real Job™ (yay!). Still busy (boo!).
    ~avatar by myself