Afternoon, South bank of the Fever River,
Three days’ ride west of Crag Keep,
House Fever’s Lands, The North

The wolves' approach on the group was interrupted.

Blacktooth sprang from the treelines and leapt across the clearing. In a moment he'd torn out one wolf's throat and crushed the other's head with a single swipe of a massive paw. Elkis came in his wake, running with spear and tower shield in his hands, delivering a single thrust that spitted another wolf where it stood. Lily followed a moment later. Vyse was a grey blur as the direwolf bounded across the field and pounced on one of its smaller cousins, which gave a single squawk before the direwolf had broken its spine and had its head in its jaws. Arvid drew on another wolf and sent another shaft into its neck, and that was enough; the other wolves broke and ran, fleeing west, away from the fierce group of men and women and beasts who now stood together.

One of the wolves, panicked, tried to run straight through the group. It met a single, arcing strike from Aran's hammer and was blasted five feet through the air with an audible crack, landing lifeless next to Rodrik. The young squire hadn't even had to swing.

Arvid's hounds immediately gathered around their injured companion. The hound was bleeding from the neck and whining, lying down in pain; they were licking at its wounds.

Even as they did, hoofbeats could be heard through the trees from the southeast - along with Black Jack's deep basso, shouting "My lord! We come!". They must have responded to Aran's horn.

Spoiler: OOC
Show
Sorry that took me a while to come up with, guys, and it was a bit shorter than perhaps anticipated - I think I underestimated how easy wolves are to hit compared with other campaigns I've run.

I'm still new at awarding XP and whatnot, but I'd let's add the colossal figure of ... 1 XP each for this encounter. No Glory I'm sorry to say, turns out there isn't much glory in killing a bunch of angry wolves.

---

Crag Keep, House Fever Holdings
The North

"Tis about a day's walk, septa," said Gyle, gratefully bowing at the gift of silver coins from Saga. "I caught a lift in a neighbour's wagon. I suppose by riding one could be back there by just after nightfall."

Either way, he departed, and Maester Ashford called the day's petitions to an end. The double doors were closed.

Spoiler: OOC
Show
Apologies also for the time this took to get in. So on this I'm happy to hear suggestions on anything Malena and/or Saga might be wanting to do right now. Could do the stewardship rolls for the month or roll for an event if you like. If not, we can move on to the next stage - Elkis and the gang are three days out from Crag Keep, so we can carry on with split scenes.