Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
Yes. He blew May off the last time she tried to get help with her parole-board-issued body.

"Wow that sucks but I'm just doing my job here and this is all the rules let me do so too bad bye now."

Too busy at work to trawl for the actual comic.
He didn't blow her off, he told her he didn't have any ability to help her and apologized. Comic here.

I don't get what people expect the parole dude to do. The official channel for getting the issue fixed has been rebuffed because the chassis is out of warranty. He himself has no power to push the issue up the chain outside of what he has already done. Him putting a note in her file is absolutely something that can matter when May's parole comes up for review.

The core of the problem is something that likely would go all the way up to "elected official" level - getting more funding in the budget for the correctional department so that they can afford better bodies for ex-cons. My assumption is that this is a systemic issue affecting hundreds of AIs in the jurisdiction, of which May is one of many.

Yes, it would be great to see him stick his neck on the line and possibly lose his job protesting the injustice. I don't feel it's fair to criticize him for not doing so, especially when we don't know his circumstances or how likely such an action would be to succeed.

I refuse to think worse of someone for doing their job to the best of their ability, and I haven't seen any indication that he isn't. Bureaucracy just sucks.