• Freak: +2
  • Savior: +0
  • Superior: +0
  • Mundane: +0

Spoiler: Burn and Flares
Show
Held Burn

Shielding

You call up a fast protective field to stop a danger. Spend 1 burn to defend someone else from an immediate threat, rolling +Freak instead of +Saviour.

Moat

Spend 1 burn to create a barrier that will hold back threats as long as you keep your attention on it. The GM may call for you to spend another burn if the barrier is threatened by particularly powerful enemies.

Reality Storm

You channel a destructive burst with your powers. Spend 1 burn to directly engage a threat using your powers, rolling +Freak instead of +Danger. If you do, you will cause unwanted collateral damage unless you spend another burn.

Snatch

Spend 1 burn to use your powers to seize any one object up to the size of a person from someone within view.

Even as Miss Honeycut stands taller to command silence, Lanuola shrinks a bit smaller into her chair. Her knees press together, her hands wringing in her lap, and her head bowed. She nods meekly as she's told that Dr. Fletcher would be informed. That was sure to be yet another fun conversation. She looks up again as she's asked about how she lost focus, turning her attention over to Theurge with a faint smile as she adds in about wanting to hear about it.

She shakes her head, "I, uh, I didn't get hurt. Umm, my, uh, my team helped keep me safe."

Her smile fades again as she takes a breath. When she starts speaking again, the panels show her as a cutout, the background displaying the days events behind her in a sepia-tint. "It, uh, it started fairly well..? Umm, I got to the fight without being spotted. And, like I said, I managed to keep the boat safe from the people trying to, uh, to take the people on it hostage." The panels behind her show the towering wall of light from Lanuola's perspective, the boat being lifted clear by a barely visible Ground Zero, "I heard Lion being threatened so I, uh, I ran to help him. He was backed into a corner when, uh, when I got there." Now the panels show her trying to get Lion to stand up, "And he did get back in the fight. A-and he leapt at, uh, at Coyote Knight. A-and I knew I could help! I... I-I just got swept up in the moment. A-and I punched with, uh, with everything I had..." A final panel, showing the devastating blast hitting both Coyote Knight and the building.

Lanuola's quiet a moment, deliberately trying not to notice how she seemed to be getting a lot of attention from Slim right now. "... A-as... A-as soon as I saw the damage, I knew I'd messed up... Really bad... But..." She looks up with a rueful smile, "... Right in, uh, right i-in that moment it... I-it kinda felt good to go all out... A-and that kinda scares me a bit too."