Plink fervently hopes she can't smell the garlic vegebibbles he stashed in his pack..

Listen, little goblin. We can be friends. But there is something you must do for me, then. The humans of the valley ward their homes tightly against us - but holy symbols and garlic do not work on goblins, right? She all but giggles with cold, heartless glee. In the human settlement of Brooksglade, there is a .. temple, church, whatever.

Okay, Smoke Lady, we gets for you. Which human place is "Brooksglade"? He makes sure to find out which of the settlements she is referring to.

Inside, you will find a ring. It's thick, gold, and has a band of adamantium circling it. Bring me this, and we will be friends. Friends forever.

Okay, we gets for you.

I feel you'd make a great chieftain for your tribe - don't you? I think you deserve it. Here, take this. It will help you fulfill your destiny.

He can't help it.. He starts nodding, his little chest puffs out, and he feels the most amazing sense of accomplishment when the Smoke Lady presents him with his shiny prize.. We's gonna be da best of friends, Smoke Lady, you'll see! Plink will make you proud and smileyhappy, and you will help Plink be the bestest Chief!

If she doesn't have anything else to say to him, he will cluck to his (likely terrified) wolf, and set about catching up with his brethren, happily feeling the amulet bouncing on his chest as he goes.