Thread: To the 9th (Plots)

1. - Top - End - #19
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: To the 9th (Plots)

Wikipedia

Celestials
    Get ready for some changes, folks.

Just as I'm taking away some of the (crippling) Flaws from Fiends, I'm adding some (hopefully believable) Flaws to the various Celestials.
    It's like Kirk said: everybody is Human.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Dragon View Post
    I had intended that they were all Subraces of Celestials (LG, NG, and CG), just like Fiends have three Subraces (LE, NE, and CE) - Just a reminding Note, I don't have TN Exemplars, and no real TN Deities. (Those TN that do exist are Cosmic Powers, and not involved in the Alignment War, and don't gran't Power to anyone.)
    Spoiler: Angels
    Show

Astral Deva These angels watch over lesser beings from the heavens and, in turn, are symbols of sentry and looked upon as messengers. Although avoiding combat whenever possible, Deva loves to strike down evil with a passion, preferring blunt weapons such as maces over blades and piercing weapons.

Planetar angels are legendary warriors and guardians, serving as captains and commanding legions of celestials to war with anything that would threaten the destruction of the cosmos. Like all other celestials, they will attack fiends and demons before anything else, and prefer to mix their vast array of heavenly magic with their mighty greatswords and massive charges.

Solar When the mightiest of the demons, the most hell-bent destructor fiends and the servants of evil deities themselves crawl from the pits of Creation to challenge good, the Solar angels will always be among the defenders. Solar angels are the elite fighting force of justice in the planes, and when not fighting evil, they are in the direct service of the good deities. Solar also featured as the only published epic stat figurine for the lawful good faction in the Blood War set. The Solar's stat card featured extremely high attack power and speed, along with his trademark "slaying arrow" which is able to immediately destroy any creature with 100 health points or less. He was only rivaled by the Pit Fiend in that set

"Angels can be of any good alignment, and can live in any of the Upper Planes instead of being limited to just one."

Nope. Lawful Good.
    While willing to serve dedicated LG Deities, they can leave at any time.

Deva tend to become a bit too focused on smiting Evil.
    Their passion is the greatest reason they Fall.

Planatar are cautious leaders, and this can mean that Evil can gain a strong foothold.

Solar are a bit too impassionate, and focused only on the Greater Good, failing to remember that all members are needed to make the Group.

Spoiler: Archons
    Show

Hammer Archon - Hammer archons strive to root evil out of its hiding places within the earth.

Hound Archon - Canine-headed defenders of the innocent and the helpless against evil.

Justice Archon - Menacing angels resembling radiant warriors clad in bright full plate, wielding glowing greatswords. They consider themselves the purest champions of justice in Celestia. While they do not attack without provocation, they are easily incensed by the mere sight or suspicion of evil.

Lantern Archon - Floating balls of light that give what assistance they can.

Owl Archon - Airborne scouts, messengers, spies, infantry, and protectors of lesser celestial creatures.

Sword Archon - Enforcers of the heavenly laws, its forearms can transform into holy flaming longswords.

Throne Archon - Commanders of the cities of Celestia and the judges of the Heavens, occasionally tasking themselves with meting out justice to the particularly vile or corrupt.

Tome Archon - Prior to changes in the 3.5 BoED these appeared as humanoids with arms and feathered wings protruding from their back. They have very hawk-like heads. They are aloof and dignified creatures who possess powerful intellect, magic, and physical might. There are only seven of these beings, one residing on each of Celestia's layers. They record all things that happen in the Heavens with passionless accuracy and total indifference. As of the 'Book of Exalted Deeds' the nomenclature of Tome Archons was ignored and their descriptions changed.

Trumpet Archon - Celestial messengers and heralds with considerable martial skills.

Warden Archon - Guardians of the gates of the Seven Heavens, and observers of the affairs of the Material Plane.

Word Archon - Using the power of truenames; they ensure such words inspire the good-hearted everywhere.

Neutral Good. Their Flaw is: The fight never ends.
    Burnout is their biggest problem.

Now, I need to change the name of either Celestial or Elemental Archons. (Researching)
    Elemental Havokz (?)

Spoiler: Eladrins
    Show

Coure - Spritelike eladrins that serve more powerful beings as messengers and scouts.

Bralani - Wild and feral eladrins that can assume the shape of a whirlwind or zephyr of dust, snow, or sand.

Firre - Red-haired elven eladrins that protect works of art and the artists who create them.

Ghaele - Knights-errant of the celestials who quietly muster resistance and offer guidance to any of good heart.

Noviere - an aquatic eladrin that dwells on Ossa, the second layer of Arborea.

Shiere - serve and protect Arborea as the noble knights of the eladrin.

Shiradi - battle for freedom across the planes, helping the oppressed, deceived, and less fortunate.

Tulani - The ancient faerie lords of the eladrin, who roam seeking peace, beauty, and solitude.

D&D just loves to change and reuse old words.
    Since these are now Fey Elf PCs, I need another Chaotic Good Exemplar.

Spoiler: Guardinals
    Show

Cervidal – Satyrlike guardinals that form the bulk of any guardinal army.

Equinal – Horselike guardinal; strong, boisterous, and generally good-natured champions of good.

Leonal – Lion-headed guardinal with martial prowess.

Lupinal – Half-human, half-wolf guardinals constantly on the prowl for evil intrusions.

Musteval – Ferretlike guardinal that serve greater celestials as spies, and messengers to humanoid heroes.

Ursinal – Bearlike guardinal; the scholars and philosophers, advisors to the leonals and record-keepers of Elysium

Here are the New CG Exemplars.
    Most likely not found in Elysium.
    Makes a lot more sense (to me) that these would be the "Lords" of the Wanderlands.

For Boss Types: See Name Those Monsters in Roleplaying.
    Last edited by Great Dragon; 2019-07-26 at 01:40 PM.
    My Knowledge, Understanding, and Opinion on things can be changed
    No offense is intended by anything I post.
    *Limited Playtest Group - I'm mostly Stuck in the White Room.
    *I am learning valuable things, here. So thanks, everyone!