Quote Originally Posted by Maximum77 View Post
I’m looking for an online, consistent and ongoing blog that postulates a future idea or sci fi tech idea every week. I already watch Isaac Arthur and I want something I could read. Amateur blogs are highly encouraged.
Why are amateur blogs encouraged? Are you trying to find a new idea that you can use in a story before someone else gets the same idea?

Most amateur sources are a mixed bag. On one hand, ignorance and a lack of a gatekeeper means that these will probably be the source of an idea that's completely original and unexpected--and probably inherently flawed from a hard science perspective, but still arguably useful as the kernel of a story. The drawback, on the other hand, is that most of these sources don't really do their due diligence when it comes to the science, nor are they all that interested in scouring the internet to see if their "novel" speculation hasn't in fact been done to death everywhere else. Given your reaction to a lot of the ideas put out in your previous threads, I'm guessing you would find it frustrating to read a blog that mostly consists of a guy talking about ion drives or space elevators as if he were the first person to think deeply about their potential consequences, on the off chance that it eventually generates an idea that's entirely out of left field.