1. - Top - End - #232
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Fire Emblem Three Houses: Reach for my hand, I'll soar away.

Quote Originally Posted by Rising Phoenix View Post
    My Ferdi is likely to get benched on my second playthrough as well, has the strength of a wet tissue. Sylvain is once again proving to be a powerhouse as is Ashe...I am making both into draco knights along with Petra because why not.

Also Lysithea is scary...
    My Lysithea (on Normal) could deal 80 damage from range 4, and since she was fast as well that's a top potential damage of...480? Not that anything survived the first shot.

Having played with Bernadette for most of a run, I now see the appeal of a Sniper over a Bow Knight. The extra movement wouldn't help her utterly absurd range with Deadeye, and she doesn't have anywhere near the speed required to get off double attacks without the Sniper special. On the flip side, Petra isn't even going to touch the Sniper class. She'd be triple-attacking most enemies if that were possible, and she's so dodgy that getting up close and personal isn't a danger. She just won my "Woah, Cool!" award for dodging and then point-blank shot counter-critting 3 Warriors in a single turn. 40% crit rate will do that. Currently deciding whether I keep her as an Assassin or whether I move her into Falcon Knight for the last few chapters.

I also just ran into the most difficult thing Hard difficulty has thrown at me yet - a bonus boss Wyvern Lord with a Brave Axe. Anyone coming within 8 tiles of him would be taking two 60 damage hits to the face, guaranteed. The fastest move of anybody in my army is 6 (because for SOME reason there isn't a Pegasus Advanced class ), so I had to get inventive. Turns out Linhardt is pretty good at the old "fastball special", and I'm sure Hubert enjoyed materializing at point blank range with a Dark Spikes spell ready to insert where the sun don't shine. Took me about 20 turns to set it up by luring away the guards, but it was so worth it.

Edit: Oh, and Brawlers/Grapplers are insane. The 50% HP restore combat art means that they can hold off an army by themselves as long as they don't get one-rounded.
    Last edited by Rodin; 2019-08-06 at 06:01 PM.