1. - Top - End - #207
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Magic the Gathering Thread XXIV: *Slaps Roof* This Thread Can Hold So Many Chand

Spoiler: Joke
    Show
    Shortly after the War of the Spark, a Rakdos cultist overhears a few surviving planeswalkers discussing linguistics for some reason; one of those 'walkers was probably Jace. The cultist hears that the Therosan plural for "octopus" is "octopodes" and that it was also, coincidentally, the generally-accepted word for that purpose among the more scientifically-minded populace here on Ravnica.

The cultist immediately comes up with a way to use this fact. He searches for a specific situation to take advantage of: a member of the Simic Combine standing near a small grove of pecan trees the Selesnya had planted a few years back. He sees exactly that, so he struts up and asks: "Do you know what the plural of 'octopus' is?"

"Of course I do!" came the reply.

"Did you know that the technical term for this tree right here is a 'bofus' then?"

"No it isn't!" the biomancer exclaimed. "It's just a pecan tree!"

The cultist pressed: "No really. This tree is a bofus, this grove is a bunch of bofodes, and these" he concluded, picking up a handful of pecans off the ground...

"...are....

Spoiler: Punchline
    Show
    "BOFODES NUTS!

That punchline was probably obvious.

ION: Does anyone know a commander-legal way to make another player's lands all count as creatures? Preferably continuously, and preferably in Jund (though Dune-Brood also works)

EDIT: It seems Nature's Revolt work.
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2019-08-10 at 08:54 AM.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.