View Single Post

Thread: Fun Learning 4e

1. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Fun Learning 4e

Quote Originally Posted by Dimers View Post
    That's technically true. Such a character wouldn't be of much use in fighting level-appropriate enemies or handling level-appropriate skill tests, but they can interact with all aspects of the game system. And of course you can roleplay without any reference to stats at all.
    This is one of the peeves that I have with D&D. Everything in the game revolves around the focus on High Stats to be able to be effective at doing things, like fighting Monsters.
    The monster's AC should be based on the BaB/Proficiency of the Character/s, with only a few monsters AC being adjusted up to require Higher Stats.

Sure, like a lot of Fantasy Games, the PC/s are supposed to be Heroic, and are more likely to have better than average abilities. But, I also like Folk Stories of how the Character went from Average Person to Hero. Where those higher Stats make doing things easier for those Characters, instead of making it where those without can barely engage.

As for the Skill Tests, I might be required to figure out some other way to accomplish the Goal.
    And the DM should make doing so possible, if not actually encouraging the Players to do this.
    ... says the guy with "Dragon" in his username Optimal characters rarely take Channel Divinity feats, honestly, so the choice is unlikely to have mechanical impact.
    I don't always go for the obvious.
    Are there any Non Channel Feats that you suggest?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaeda
    The armor of Bahamut is the only one that I've seen in play. The ability turn a crit into a regular hit can be a lifesaver and is almost assuredly better than divine fortune if the situation comes up. Most of the others can be kind of finicky. Pelor's radiance has the disadvantage of both being circumstantial (only while fighting undead) and essentially being a closer range, slightly more powerful version of your turn undead power.

I do like (Dimmers') suggestion though that Bahamut is a fitting choice for the Great Dragon.
    Which is why I put him there.
    Humm, since this PC is supposed to be "Help Party": Looks like Bahamut it is.....
    Last edited by Great Dragon; 2019-08-11 at 09:42 AM.
    My Knowledge, Understanding, and Opinion on things can be changed
    No offense is intended by anything I post.
    *Limited Playtest Group - I'm mostly Stuck in the White Room.
    *I am learning valuable things, here. So thanks, everyone!