Loros: (Common)"Much as I'd like to participate, I have to be a ways north before dark. You should be able to make out the fort from here, just to the west of the road. A bit under three miles to our north. But a ranger of Mielikki should guide you true. A bit far from the High Forest, though."

Wood Elf: (Common)"Yes, and traveling much of late. My pardon, my name is Fiellel Bonearrow, or that's as close as I can say in common. I've been assigned close to an errand-girl really, running messages between the cities of the Silver Marches and the High Forest. Wood elves try to encourage our young to travel a fair bit, otherwise we tend to stick to our own for the most part. Both trolls and orcs have been more active of late. Orc hordes are well known, but smaller bands have been found where they shouldn't be. At any rate, I'd also like to be in Sundabar by dark, orcs are more active at night."

There is a trail heading east, but with the snow it is hard to see. Other than Fiellel's footprints heading west to where you met, there doesn't look to be much recent. You are approaching a fairly dense grove of trees, evergreen for the most part and roughly 500' wide from north to south. At around 300' you hear what sounds like a woman screaming in agony. You think you hear a garbled "no" on occasion but otherwise make out no real words. This is quite loud and looks to be coming from directly in front.

Fiellel: (Common)"Though those screams could be real, this is more likely a trap. Leucrotta are energetic and skilled torturers, but they are better sound mimics. The actual screams could have been weeks ago. Stay alert and have weapons ready."

You approach slower now, screams getting gradually louder but no less intense.
Spoiler: OOC
Show
The next post will be rolls for perception/stealth. I'm still learning better ways to do this but I will likely need more posts since I can't edit once made.