1. - Top - End - #121
    Barbarian in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: Robert Kiyosaki's Rich Dad poor Dad

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Wealth seeker: "Hey, do you have any advice on how to invest money?"
    Wealthy teacher: "Sure, how much money do you have?"
    Wealth seeker: "I live paycheck to paycheck."
    Wealthy teacher: "Well, literally everything i know requires a healthy amount of start-up capital at the absolute least. Come back when you have a few hundred thousand and we can start from there, OK?"

Helpful!
    I think that folks would be able to open up a S&P 500 account with little to no money. But yes folks would need some money to invest.

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    I'm gonna ask for a source here. To the best of my knowledge, the US military neither performs nor even accepts IQ tests. I also question where any schools do this, if if so, then how prevalent it is.
    It was simply called the IQ test at one time.

"All military recruits must take the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) to qualify for enlistment. The ASVAB is essentially an IQ test (correlation = 0.8)." https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...lowest-our-low

-----

I really hate it when the reporter says something like "you would think <x>" . . . no, no I would not.

"Or take a study about tank gunners. You might not think a standardized intelligence test would have much effect on the ability to shoot straight."

Holy cow! It must be crazy hard to fire from a moving target and be able to hit a moving target. Also not a straight line.
    Last edited by darkrose50; 2019-08-13 at 10:44 AM.