Quote Originally Posted by kyoryu View Post
The biggest flaw for me is a lot of the 1-second combat stuff. It sucks to be a ranged weapon user and have to spend multiple *turns* reloading and doing the almost-mandatory one second of aiming.
Actually that depends, if you are engaging from 100 meters against melee characters then it will take them around 15-20 seconds to close the distance depending on their encumbrance and if you take skills like fast draw and have a normal bow then you get off 5-6 aimed shots while all they do is move. If you have a bow in relative close combat (under 10 meters) then you just do without aiming if your character is skilled enough and shoot every other second.

Quote Originally Posted by kyoryu View Post
The only bright side is that your options in a given turn are limited enough that it prevents the kind of multi-minute analysis you tend to see in D&D3+.
You should really play with the advanced combat rules and use GURPS Martial arts as well then you have plethora of options. The good thing about GURPS though is that once you memorize those options or make a cheat sheet like I did for my players when they started playing GURPS, then the rules apply to everybody. That is there is no niche protection that gives some characters different abilities based on their class.