Quote Originally Posted by ProsecutorGodot View Post
I understand that most illusions block line of sight, but most illusions also have a clause that physical interaction causes them to be revealed as illusions to you, walking through them is a way to do that without making an investigation check and is often the go to strategy for a DM who really doesn't want to deal with the illusion.

When you said illusion, I was under the impression that you were talking about the Illusion school and not obscurement in general. Minor nitpicks but you're also not going to be casting Fog Cloud or Darkness in the same turn as you would use your Familiar's sight because it takes an action to do so. It doesn't seem like a very effective use of your time to cast and concentrate on one spell and then use all subsequent actions to use your familiars sight. You're also not going to have Shield of Faith up at the same time as those obscuring effects as they both take concentration.

You can either be the big brutish wizard with but a single reaction if you maintain concentration on Shield of Faith or risk having them run directly past you on the turn where you can only set up the obscurement spell before you're able to see through it using your familiar.

I think skipping Cleric altogether, instead starting with a level in Fighter and taking Booming Blade for War Caster would be more effective. Since you're only relying on obscurement spells and illusions (that are usually only tricking an enemy for a turn or two at best) then you can be a Juggernaut with just the 13 int requirement to multiclass, your ward scales much better with your Wizard level than it does intelligence anyway. This opens up grappling as an option since your strength score is good.

I can't deny that if you manage to get all of that properly set up it would be effective (although I personally think you're overselling it just a bit) but it sounds complicated and it uses up several spells to do something not all that impressive in my opinion.
Mirror Image still work, it is a non concentration spell.
My tank Sorcerer have it.