I know that there is a very good chance no one will see their posts were quoted but I will post my comments anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Erythrina View Post
I was born on a day that is considered 'unlucky', so I flip all the "bad" superstitions (I'm happy when a black cat crosses my way etc.) This way I only have the "lucky" ones
I guess that's childish and it's not like I pay much attention to them. Still, these are some small things that make me happy, so why would I turn them down?
I was released from a physical therapy clinic [in-patient] after 3 weeks there on January 13, 2012. That was a Friday. I now suffer from trisatritaphilia. [love of things of the number 13] It has been the start of a new life since then!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider583 View Post
Mine is fairly corny also but I can't stand mirrors. If I had my own home I probably wouldn't have a single one. They just creep me out to no end when I look into them lol
do you also have an aversion to garlic and running water as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Dakshaar View Post
I'm in a profession where its common practice to never, under any circumstances, ever, say the "Q" word. If you do, or you hear someone else say it, you will have a crazy rest of the shift. I laughed at this at first, but I absolutely practice it now. I'll even get on to people for saying it around me. You can use any other synonym, i.e. calm, peaceful, etc. Just never THAT word.
That is usually law enforcement or medical. I was asked by a Police SGT not to use "THAT WORD". Later on about 2 years later, I was doing volunteer service at the local V.A.M.C. in the cat scat dept., when I commented how the ER had been Q****. Oh the ruckus I started by the innocent comment .. .. .. .. ..

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
How does one disrespect an animal?
you ever see any one kick or other wise accost an animal? What about people who would shot a dog with a bb gun. I did, and got bit on the bum. served me right.

As for knocking on wood, I do so, when the wood is a door and I wish to politely see if anyone is home.