vBulletin is disappearing across the Net, replaced by newer stuff (mainly XenForo, from what I've seen). I have no idea what EnWorld uses, since I haven't been there in eons. If you aren't going there, you're options are kind of limited. Reddit is always possible, but any thread there will disappear in about a day, so forget on-going conversations. Plus, it's often a cesspit. The Chans are even worse on that score.

Probably you should poke around RPG.Net and see if it's too your liking. No limits on history, mythology or religion discussions, as long as you remember to keep it civil and aren't pro-Nazi. Racism, sexism and such are also heavily frowned upon (hence the site's Trump ban, because if he was a member they'd have to ban him--also, the flame wars were unreal). As with any new site, check the terms of use before getting too deep. Unfortunately, I don't think you can read Tangency Open* without being a member any more, but Other Media should be available.

Oh, and no slagging members is interpreted to include industry professionals, since they're often members any way (but not always publicly so). This leads to some conflicts as the whole #MeToo thing continues to expand into gaming-adjacent territory and there's the conflict between Treat With Respect and F*** Predators.

*Which denies you the chance to read the reactions to the LiveTweet of the Vic Mignogna thing on Friday--I think the LawPack in general got plastered over how unbelievably unprofessionally that was handled by Vic's lawyer.