Quote Originally Posted by LansXero View Post
Yes and no. For games like YuGiOh without rotation, the need to make stuff accessible for new players means there are several release slots for nothing but reprints. Then if thats not enough to bring the price down, they creep into starter products and they even put out specialty sets which are nothing but reprints. What this does is destroy the value of the original, after the player has sunk a hefty amount into it, and destroys confidence in new product because anything good in it will get reprinted eventually. It also stiffles creative design since you're always constrained around the same cards coming over and over again.

What this means for something like Underworlds is as Cheese put it as an older player you keep getting less 'new' stuff in successive purchases, as some cards will prove to be necessary or valuable enough to drive sales of otherwise uninteresting warbands. But I dislike the whole 'buy this for the cards, not the models' system so I might be biased.
Hm, I can potentially see that, but as I said in my other post, I don't think there are enough effects on cards that are "necessary" for the game to continue. Maybe we'll see similar effects, and I'm sure there will eventually be reprints, but it's unlikely we'll see a full pack of reprints any time soon (outside of the established core cards).