View Single Post

Thread: OOTS #1180 - The Discussion Thread

1. - Top - End - #167
    Barbarian in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: OOTS #1180 - The Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Schroeswald View Post
    ...Named Team Protaganist outnumbers Team Evil 16:3 at the North Pole with Minrah and the Mechane crew, I don't see why this keeps getting brought up.
    Because Team-Lots-of-Lower-Level-Shmoes can outnumber Big-Bad-Magic-Person by at least 36:1, and single favourite optimised area of effect spell (against whose effect Big-Bad-Magic-Person has also crafted a pro-tip protection device) can turn 36:1 into 0:1 in a single round.

Quote Originally Posted by Schroeswald View Post
    ... most of the crew of the Methane seems to have levels in Rogue, even if they are all under fifth its still pretty good for overwhelming three people, even if Xykon is epic.
    Sorry, trying not to sound harsh, but the entire crew of the Mechane vs Xykon equals Xykon plus ash. D&D just isn't linear.

(OK, while I've edited this, people have responded.... sorry, didn't mean to mess up the responses...)
    Last edited by DeliaP; 2019-09-16 at 08:16 PM.
    Geez, what is it with that guy and needing to figure out all the fiddly little details?

I know, right? It's called "Suspension of Disbelief"...
    Quote Originally Posted by Everyl View Post
    Some speculation turns out to be accurate, some doesn't. I'll deal with it the same way I deal with all other speculative theories I read and/or come up with: by continuing to read the comic, and enjoying it whether the speculation turns out to be right or wrong.
    Spoiler: Can I have an internet?
    Show