Quote Originally Posted by Verble View Post
This build can be a bit conflicting. Your sneak attack wants a finesse weapon, and your swashbuckler wants you to be close to enemies while agonizing Eldritch Blast wants you to keep your distance. I'd suggest you focus on more close range options. GFB or BB will help you up close with just one attack and your Dex is good enough for a short bow if you need the range. I have a rogue/warlock and have a lot of fun with the Mask of Many Faces invocation. Many people like the see in darkness/Darkness combo but I'm not a big fan. It seems great in isolation but isn't great in my opinion in a team game. Mage armor will give you a 1 AC bump from studded leather which is a nice option. I also have a fondness for the invocation that lets you read all languages. It's kinda fluff but I dig the flavor.

Do you know what level you'll be starting at, or how you'd like to split your levels?
Quote Originally Posted by Nagog View Post
Considering you've got good Dex and are relying on Armor of Shadows rather than physical armor, Hexblade doesn't really fit. Most of the other patrons are thematic, so you may need to flesh out the character more story-wise to come to a decision on patron.

For Invocations, I cannot stress the wonderful amazing awesomeness that is Mask of Many Faces enough, particularly for a Rogue multiclass. Expertise in deception+Disguise Self at will + the Actor Feat (for icing on the cake), and you can be whoever you want, whenever you want. Simple as that. Great for RP and causing shenanigans. Strong enough to turn a combat encounter into a social encounter followed by a quick round or two of assassinations. Boom. Also, if you go Pact of the Blade, Definitely pick up Eldritch Smite. Smite+Sneak Attack has the potential to deal loads of Nova damage.
I will be starting level 3. I am thinking a rogue 2, warlock 1 start, and get to rogue 3 and then warlock 5. Currently I am thinking have the options of thirsting blade and eldritch smite. So I can either two time atk for higher chance of guarantee sneak per turn and also nova someone when needed.

for spells, I think wrathful smite, helliush rebuke, hex. Might have other laters. Having hex blade curse helps too. I will have 6 ASI if I hit 20. I think I will take war caster, bc i want a shield later for higher ac.

I dont think I will be taking EB anymore, as I will focus on cantrips more. I will probably use a shortbow for range atk and figure out how to weapon swap with the DM.
I am going to take the first game to observe the play style of other players. The reason I wanted EB was to have the range option to soften enemies and keep away.

For evocation, I definitely wanted to mage armor ... I might even have a shield later. so I can get to a 19 ac? and use swashbuckler to dance around. My idea s to dance around the enemy while dealing constant damage. Hopefully I can also find a magical weapon. And I did want to have the ability to read all language, it was on my original invocation. I will think about how to RP more too.

please lmk what u think about the plan. I had some lengthy discussion with ppl.