Quote Originally Posted by Talakeal View Post
I was just running with the flat Earth analogy because its relatively harmless and doesn't risk derailing the thread into forbidden areas.

If you would like, please replace flat Earth with playing a gay character, as that is something that I have absolutely gotten flack for in the past and something that I find being told I need to hide and apologize for to be absolutely reprehensible.
Look I haven't read this particular document but your second comment here doesn't sound like you're opposed to Consent Rules. It sounds like you're opposed to the specific wording of this document.

But if I'm reading wrong and your gaming approach is "everything goes, if you don't like it suck it up or GTFO", then well that sounds an awful lot like what I think these Consent Rules are showing up to combat. That's not how life works. That's not how your job works. That's not how the public park works. That's not how the social contract works. Gaming is no exception. I'm really not sure why anyone would think that gaming is somehow a special exception where everything is on the table and noone is safe.