View Single Post

Thread: Beyond the City of Thieves IC

1. - Top - End - #230
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Beyond the City of Thieves IC

Borgrim, Rosa, and CÚsar leave Furtha to his research and return to the Temple Hall, which has begun to fill with worshipers awaiting the midday observance. A stately woman, dressed in robes with a golden cord about her waist, lights several incense burners as the trio pass. Exiting the temple, Borgrim proceeds to accost the nearest passerby:

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptin Keen View Post
    Scholarly person! Tell me immediately where to find black pearls and/or lotus blossoms in this town! It's of vital importance.
    An aging gentleman in simple clothing and small, square hat turns in shock to face Borgrim, who maintains a secure grip on the fellow's scruff. The gentleman's mouth works open and closed as he attempts to reconcile the violent act with the fairly polite request. {Intimidate: Success} After 5 or so seconds the man manages to form a reply:

"Ah, ah, there's an emporium which, ah, sells flowers -- among other things -- on the c-corner of Glove Street and the Street of Knives, sir! A reputable place, or so I'm told! Uh, uh, Marigold's! That's the name, I'm quite sure! I'm afraid I don't know about black pearls, apologies, sir! Perhaps one of the jewellers in the Merchants District? Sorry I can't be of more help!"

The gentleman tips his hat toward Borgrim and gives a worried smile as he waits to be freed from Borgrim's firm grasp. "Nice weather today, eh? Quite pleasant after all that rain, wouldn't you agree?"
    Last edited by Wogwoggle; 2019-09-20 at 12:40 PM.
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    GMing: City of Thieves (IC|OOC)
    PbP: Bobin (IC|OOC)