It might be worth pointing out that I play on PC, mouse+keyboard setup, and so I find the melee combat to be especially clunky when you're clicking for every swing. Long-range is much more my style on setups like this. So I might be biased.

With that said, even with the starting 3 points in SW and a loud co-op partner stomping around everywhere, I've gotten the drop on some priority targets for a clean headshot. So I'm pretty interested to find out how that trait would play when it's maxed out, and in a solo environment.

With that said, I will criticize the game because stealth mechanics should always, always have clear indicators, whether that's of outright success or just when you're correctly attempting stealth. Simply decreasing some aggro radius or cone that I have no way of envisioning leads quickly to discussions like this, where nobody is clear on the benefit that investing in the stealth skill provides.

Quote Originally Posted by MinimanMidget View Post
I will admit that, having finished Earth, I went and looked some stuff up ("when am I going to get a better primary"). So now I'm redoing it in Adventure mode in the hopes of getting some things that I didn't get the first time. Not because of lack of exploration, mind you, just because the way the game rolls maps means you can get all the way to the end of Earth without getting access to any long guns other than the starting ones and one other.
I don't mind - Rifle and Shotgun can certainly get you through Earth, and before long you'll have the boss mats to craft some of the more exotic guns. If you get nothing else good from Earth due to RNG, I would tough it out and keep going. But yes, I found the sniper rifle shortly after the church and didn't look back; I have it at 10 now (with maxed out Quick Hands and Exploiter, working on Executioner now) and any boss with an accessible weak point gets crazy numbers.