View Single Post

Thread: [D&D 5e] Redwall themed game

1. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [D&D 5e] [GM Needed], Redwall themed game

Spoiler: Big 16
    Show
    1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)? 5e
    2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)? Redwall Setting
    3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many? We have 4. Maybe 1 more
    4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)? Oots forum
    5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)? Let's say 2nd
    6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with? Starting equipment or bought with starting gold
    7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes? Let's make it low magic. So no magic users, except clerics and paladins.
    8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species? The Redwall races
    9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points? 4d6b3, max 1st level hp, rolled after.
    10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so? Nah
    11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it? Nah rules
    12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them? Roll yours using the dice roller. I'll be doing mine outside of the game for the sake of brevity.
    13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules. JNA's Flanking
    14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)? An average sized paragraph
    15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above? Hack and slash and roleplaying. Maybe one puzzle.
    16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters? PHB/XGTE for classes and spells, Redwall Races for races.
    Last edited by Gluteus_Maximus; 2019-09-27 at 06:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    Wow, i canít believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rexís jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.
    I am nonbinary.

Amazing Avatar by Smutmulch