I played pokemon as a kid (gen 1 and nothing after that) so I'm not completely unfamiliar with the franchise. I just thought I'd put that disclaimer out there. Another disclaimer: this question has to do with the Detective Pikachu movie and a pokemon I saw in it. I'm not sure if this thread should be moved, but I figured I'd put it here because in essence this thread is about a pokeomon from the games.

I'll put my question in spoilers just in case. Although to be fair I haven't seen the movie yet and only watched the honest trailer. So if you saw that and have a good knowledge of pokemon you probably can help me out.

Spoiler: detective pikachu
Show
Here's a link to the honest trailer. At the 2:59 mark the characters are running in a forest that turns out to be a pokemon. What is that? Pokemon can get that big? Is that just artistic liberties, or is the creature from the games really that big? Are there any gyms that can even hold it? I mean I knew some pokemon were large and some even bigger than houses, but that thing looks like it could support multiple neighborhoods.

One more thing: In the starring portions of the honest trailer they call charazard TROGDOR! I don't have a question about that. I just love the Homestar reference and wanted to say that.

So that's it. Thanks for anyone who can help.