View Single Post

Thread: KoboldEmperor's Paper Chase IC

1. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: KoboldEmperor's Paper Chase IC

You see that the house is quite charming, it's rather large and spacious, with a wide variety of elegant furnishings. "This, well, this used to be my uncle's house you see, and to be honest..." Thomas then shrugs. "I have no idea which of his titles we-were taken, although, I do most certainly notice their absence, of course."
    He then gestures for you to follow him and leads you down a hall to a room that looks rather unlike much of the rest of the house. It's cluttered and piled high with books of all shapes and sizes, and on all subjects, their only common trait is that it appears that at some point, they all were well cared for. "This, well, this was my uncle's study, I-I couldn't really bear to clean anything up, so most of it has been left a-as is. However, if you notice..." He points up towards one of the bookshelves and you see six clear dust outlines where presumably several books were. "A-a couple days ago, I heard something a s-sound from this room in the middle of the night, like someone shuffling around, only to discover these spots m-missing." He looks at you utterly confused. "I-I have no idea what anyone would want with my uncle's books, but the burglar d-didn't even take any of our, well, our actually valuables. S-so I didn't want to bother the police."
    As you discuss the uncle specifically Thomas looks slightly uncertain. "W-well, he'd always been a bit of an... eccentric, you se-see. He would normally j-just spend his time at family gatherings reading, but h-he still kept up appearances, balding, with a bit of grey hair, oh, an-and his large round spectacles, I re-remember those.