Quote Originally Posted by Luinmir View Post
Why? Why make up a lore that you destroy a few pages ahead? Why the constant contradiction? Why the lack of information when information is needed?
I know you have your answer already, but I wanted to point out that the apparent contradictions are to be expected in any city as vast and old and intricate as Sigil. You would get similar conflicting stories if you read a collection of impressions people have written about New York City or London.

Cataloguing every little detail is impossible because it's never the same city from minute to minute. Travelers come and go from infinite potential destinations - traders and craftsmen, criminals and refugees, kings and warlords, angels and demons, parasites and pets. The important players are constantly aging out, retiring, dying, being imprisoned, to be replaced by new blood, new ideas, new struggles. The Lady of Pain can even alter the architecture.

Sigil is whatever you want it to be in your game. The campaign guide and supplements are guidelines to help you get there. And, to be honest, this is true of all game settings on the market.

I hope you give Planescape a chance. I've run some very fun games set there!