Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
But yeah.. it actually is. The power of the Decay Quirk has grown exponentially.
Puts down some money 💰⚖️💵 that the Decay Quirk is a storage quirk.

My thesis is that Localized Specific Decay to Individuals can be filled / utilized by the emotions of the moment. Yet large scale Decay that destroys environments and is contagious, well this form of Decay requires long term storage of Emotional Energies that Tomura Shigaraki unleashes like it is some form of "purging" of his emotions.

It will thus allow more thematic similarities with other characters of My Hero Academia like the One for All quirk, Eri, Re-Destro and so on. (Plus some obscure side characters who are forgettable NPCs in this narrative story.)

-----

Furthermore I believe there is an Inside / Outside aspect of Decay. Decay works via touch and the senses, aka Phenomena things that people can perceive, put another way "outside things."

Yet at the same time we also know that Memories, Feelings, Internal Sensations also power Decay and those are things people can not perceive directly and they just have to take Tomura Shigaraki's word on it that he is feeling these sensations or he is having these memories. (That said you can see some signs he is experiencing something based off body language, him using habits like him scratching an itch, and so on.) These are "inside things."

Decay works by making the outside much like the inside. The things that connect and unite, Tomura Shigaraki selectively destroys if he chooses to.