Quote Originally Posted by jjordan View Post
It's already an interesting setting.

I overthink but I'd start with:
-Why are they there?
-How did they get there?
-What are they doing?

That would create the broad mechanisms I need for the basis of the lore and mechanics that follow.

What system are you going to use?
D20 Future could work, it would be PL6 the fusion age, sometime in the second half of the 21st century, perhaps the 2080s.
According to the realistic travel times table, the journey to Saturn would take 2.68 years., one way communication between Earth and Saturn is 3790 seconds, or about an hour each way. Of course all the PL6 items are available. Settlement on Titan first began around 2050. The economy is powered by fusion reactors that fuse deuterium. Deuterium can be obtained from the methane and ethane lakes and rivers on Titan, and of course from the frozen water in the icy crust of Titan itself. Of particular interest is the helium-3 in Saturn's atmosphere. Deuterium works for commercial fusion reactors, but for spaceships, helium-3 is much better. Helium-3 mining is done by robots that are supervised by humans living on Titan.

The mining conglomerates run the mining operations in Saturn and employ a lot of people on Titan, there are also data centers here on Titan and a lot of work on artificial intelligence. And there is a virtual reality entertainment center here as well. On Earth, artificial intelligence is restricted, but not on Titan. There are sports centers, skiing is a favorite activity here as well, there are sailboats cruising on the hydrocarbon lakes and rivers, there are fusion powered fighter planes corporate owned, there is much rivalry between corporate entities, and laws are rather loose and not well enforced.