Parks and Reanimation

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
Parks and Reanimation

A small sniffle breaks the silence as Fidelia wipes away a tear. She hasn’t looked back at Jenette yet, as luck would have it - the girl is far too busy stewing in emotions and trying to calm down. ”I-I’m sorry, I- Look, you’re right. I- I overstepped my boundaries, I just- *sniffle* I just....” she trails off, taking a deep breath to calm herself and attempt to sort things out in her mind. “Everything about our situation... it hurts, you know? Er, not being here, with you, at your side. There’s- there’s nothing I’d want more than that, I wouldn’t trade you for anything in the worlds. But-“ she balls her fists in her lap. ”I’ve watched you hurt yourself again and again for a whole year. Hide from everyone, too scared of hurting anyone to reach out. I-I can’t even imagine how much it hurts to know your family’s out there, too afraid to hurt them or be rejected for what you’ve been cursed with now, and- and it hurts! I sit here, melding scrapes and dents, watching your back, but I can’t do anything to help fix things for you!”

Fidelia’s breathing is a little more choked up now as she struggles to recompose herself for a few moments. It’s clear these feelings have been bottled up for a while, and releasing them has taken a bit out of her. ”I-I’m sorry, I just... I care so much about you, and- and I just want to see you happy, just as much as you make me feel beside you. I....” she trails off, unsure what else to say.
Jen takes a deep breath and then lets it out, blocking her own view of Fidelia with the fridge door. It's not easy to talk or to listen to a human being when she's like this, to deny herself the easy prey just lounging on the couch, practically begging to be torn apart, but so long as she keeps her eyes on the fridge and not the living room, she should be able to manage just fine.

"Fi, I'm going to go over there and hug the **** outta you and tell you that we're going to get through this together, but I need to eat first, okay? Give me...two minutes," Jenette promises, finally finding what she was looking for, a tupperware container hidden all the way in the back of the fridge, next to the leftover MagDonald's. Some people used to say that their chicken tenders are made from lost orphans, but Saint Lazarus has tested that theory, and no they are not. Anyway, once those 'two minutes' (it's actually closer to three) are up, she strides towards her squire to make good on that promise.